Truck loses wheel on freeway which launches adjacent SUV airborne

Jim I.

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Notice that the wheels on the pickup have been pushed out past the fenders with (I assume) spacers of some sort.
I read a news report that said the lugs on the truck were sheared off. I bet the truck had been worked on recently and the lug nuts were left loose. Luckily the driver of the small SUV walked away from the wreck. I would never have believed a loose wheel could cause a SUV to launch that high in the air. Luckily it was captured on a dash cam.

Gargoile

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You can see when the wheel hits the car the second time you can see the brake rotor is still attached. This means that the tire/rim combination was "frogged" like the tuner cars of the late 00's and ear;y 10's. Pushing the tire away from the bearings center line. The stress on the wheel bearings was too much, as this is why it most likely snapped.

Since this is on video, the driver of the KIA Soul now has evidence to get more money in a lawsuit. Improper equipment that cause damage to another vehicle/person.

Jim I.

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You can see when the wheel hits the car the second time you can see the brake rotor is still attached. This means that the tire/rim combination was "frogged" like the tuner cars of the late 00's and ear;y 10's. Pushing the tire away from the bearings center line. The stress on the wheel bearings was too much, as this is why it most likely snapped.

Since this is on video, the driver of the KIA Soul now has evidence to get more money in a lawsuit. Improper equipment that cause damage to another vehicle/person.
Yes, the brake rotor still being attached to the wheel tells the story. If the lug nuts were left loose the rotor would still be on the vehicle. Crazy how the wheel came back to the scene of the crime and smacked the Kia one more time! lol

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes, the brake rotor still being attached to the wheel tells the story. If the lug nuts were left loose the rotor would still be on the vehicle. Crazy how the wheel came back to the scene of the crime and smacked the Kia one more time! lol
Yeah... that was like adding insult to the injury giving you one more kick in the butt while you are down. That wheel was demonic ....:wtf:

mcapeed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Was that electric charging or high pressure gas? That poor dude looks dead!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk