Trying to diagnose my LPR cam, in BI status is in red

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I have noticed that my LPR cam had a triangle sign for a while in the upper right corner and I can't figure out why.
In the BI status "Cameras" it is shown in red, 0 Motion, 0 Trigger and 0 Alerts.....No signal 106
Elapsed, FPS/key and Bitrate show data transmission though.
I'm still getting alerts, but not all of them.
What could be the problem?
Any help would be appreciated.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is this a wifi camera ?
Does it use a premade cable or did you drop the cable yourself ?
Take the camera downn and test with a short premade cable.
Delete the camera from I and readd with the inspect button.

ajwitt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This can happen with LPR cams at night - BI thinks that the black screen is it has lost signal, but it really hasn't. Turn off the "Interpret monocrome as loss of signal" and all should be good.

Are you running substream on the LPR - if so, turn it off and just run mainstream. What version BI are you running? I suspect an update in BI messed with the complexity of trying to run LPR. You will probably have to adjust your motion settings if running a more recent version.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
Sub stream is on. I will turn it off. I'm running BI5 with the latest update.
It used to work great, I have just noticed this a few weeks back. Cables are made by me and I ran them.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I will delete the camera and start all over, after I reset everything to default as well in the camera.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
OK, I have deleted the camera, reset to factory as well.
It seemed like, it worked for a few hours, it was showing both "logos" motion and recording. In the graph it was showing everything in black. I was happy for a short time.
Now, it is back again in red and the motion logo, is a yellow triangle again.
There it was something interesting, when I was looking around the camera gui, that the SmartIR it was gone from the settings. It was only IR On, or IR Off.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm guessing this is happening, when it is dark outside. I will check tomorrow, when there is daylight.

ajwitt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It is under the watchdog tab in BI - or turn watchdog off completely by deselecting the Detect loss of signal box.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for that. I have turned it off completely. I have never even look in the watchdog tab. It seems like, it acting normally again. Thank you very much for that.
I will monitor it, in the next day or so, and if there are any changes, I will let you know.