Trying to reset my password

Ironside69

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have been sending XML files to hik vision UK and they have been Sending back XML file so I can reset my password. However, I got this email back after submitting the XML file from one of my cameras. The cameras definitely manufactured by HikVision, so I'm not sure what they are going on about.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your email to Hikvision UK & Ireland. As an End User of Hikvision products we would recommend you contact you point of purchase/installer for all technical support. If you do not have an installer we would recommend you to contact one in your local area.
We only support end users with Hi Look or Hi Watch products, if you got Hikvision products please contact your installer/supplier for any help.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is true - we are purchasing Hik and Dahua cams, but we are not their intended audience to sell to.

They do not cater to the "consumer" market - their target audience is professional installers, so we are considered "prosumer" and we are fortunate to get our hands on these types of cameras instead of consumer grade junk and not having to go thru professional installers to get it. Now the downside is we get them at a discount and without manuals and support and thus are on our own to figure it out. We are fortunate a forum like this exists to help with that.

If you got any help from them previously, that is an exception and count yourself lucky. We do not exist in their world and that is their business model and they made the business decision to not compete with the Rings and Nests of the world and as such to do offer these cameras at box stores for consumers to purchase directly. They cater to the professional installers...

Ironside69

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That is true - we are purchasing Hik and Dahua cams, but we are not their intended audience to sell to.

They do not cater to the "consumer" market - their target audience is professional installers, so we are considered "prosumer" and we are fortunate to get our hands on these types of cameras instead of consumer grade junk and not having to go thru professional installers to get it. Now the downside is we get them at a discount and without manuals and support and thus are on our own to figure it out. We are fortunate a forum like this exists to help with that.

If you got any help from them previously, that is an exception and count yourself lucky. We do not exist in their world and that is their business model and they made the business decision to not compete with the Rings and Nests of the world by offering these cameras at box stores for consumers to purchase directly. They cater to the professional installers...
Seems pretty ridiculous when you think about it. Yesterday,I submitted an XML file and received a pass reset code with a couple of minutes

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well they decided they do not want to deal with the average Joe that doesn't know anything about cameras and calls support because it won't connect to their internet...they prefer to deal with professionals that install thousands of these a year and can troubleshoot on their own.

It isn't like either manufacturer is hurting with their business model either...

I will take these better cameras and deal with no end-user support than a consumer grade camera any day that has great customer support, but a camera that cannot capture motion at night...