Trying to source Seculink Firmware for my NVR

snake87

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I have a Seculink 16 Channel NVR, had it approximately 2 years. It's been a great NVR, never had an issue with it. I recently added an extra IP camera to it and It has developed a problem since. Every 3-4 days, the NVR will freeze and the buzzer sounds continually to indicate the problem, it needs to be turned off by its power source and turned back on again for it to start running again. At first I thought it may have been something to do with the extra camera, so I removed it. The problem carried on happening. I then thought it may have been a faulty PSU or Hard Drive, so replaced both of them. Still happening. So my last resort is to try updating the firmware incase it has developed some sort of bug after adding the extra camera. Anyone one know where I could get the firmware from?

It uses the Hi3535 chipset and the NVSIP app.

Cheers

snake87

n3wb
Reaction score
IMG_6252.jpg

Also incase it's worth mentioning, I have 10 onvif IP cameras connected, 8x fixed lens 2MP Qvis IP cameras and 2x 1MP unbranded IP PTZ cameras. Also using 2x 3TB toshiba hdd's.

If firmware can't be sought, does anyone else have any suggestions?

Thanks

snake87

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Andy, Iv contacted the manufacturer, Seculink (Allianz Sharp), twice and never received a reply. I suppose it's looking like a new NVR then, bit of a shame but nevermind

Reaction score
Hi,

I have the DVR-2016H model. Did you ever find your update? As I would like to update mine if not do you know if it’s possible to back up the firmware from mine and try it.

Mine only has AHDL and I want to see if it’s possible to add the AHDH and tweek a minor errors in the Tour Function (the manual override function doesn’t appear to have any affect) I have an older version also not to hand and the firmware seems pretty much identical.

snake87

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Richard

Unfortunately not, the NVR was thrown in the bin in the end, I got a new Technomate NVR instead, all working perfect now.

I don't believe extracting firmware is possible on any recorders, you can only flash it, and if you flash it with the wrong firmware it could brick it.

Hope this helps