Trying to troublshoot the complete disregard of Synology software instructions with my empiretech 5442T-ZE Camera

mattyp

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi guys, within the User>Software>Camera flow I am hoping you experts can confirm its a software issue and not something else i might be missing (me or the camera!)
I am using my surveillance software (Not the Empiretech camera software) to try to NOT DETECT cars, as i get 1000 notifications a day as my camera points to a street. Doesn't work. Ok, so maybe the "A.I" is just really really dumb.

So then I proceed to use the same software to try and mask out the areas i do not want to get notifications from. Also does not work at all.
THEN i went directly to the camera config IP address (the cam software), went to smart motion detection, and turned OFF the motor vehicle flag. YET, i STILL get alerts for every single car.

I am using Synology Surveillance software, and an 5442T-ZE. I find it rather strange that no matter what i try to do and what settings i select, i am still getting notifications. It cant be THAT bad of software can it? (unless i turn all notifications off of course, which defeats the whole purpose). Any ideas here on what the issue could be?

Last edited:

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Might want to title your thread differently to include something about Synology Surveillance Station and the Dahua 5442T-ZE. Could help with other aspects but I don't know that side well. Some here I know do use it and they'll see better that way.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Is the Synology capable of processing ONVIF alerts from the cam? That is what would be used as far as I know if you’ve set things up in AI within the cam itself?

mattyp

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Now i am new at this, but it has all the screens to enable notifications, alerts - people versus vehicles, etc. so i assume so. Its supposed to be professional software, at least it touts itself as such. Note even the dahua interface itself is also sending me alerts after i told the cam itself not to send them. TBH that is part of the issue, not knowing where this triggers is handled.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Again don't know the Synology side but maybe start by simplifying things to better determine the source of the triggers.

How are you receiving notifications from the cam alone? Can you not just turn those off so you don't receive notifications even if the cam is triggered?

But more to the source, in the cam settings, instead of Smart Motion try using IVS with just human checked under target filter. Smart Motion detection isn't all that smart. You'll get a ton of alerts using that even if you the filters set.