Tuesday Night Action - Shooting down the street

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
In order of consideration. moneyn not being an issue:

7.5FK - (BRNO PSD)

10mm - (BRNO PSD and many others includling Glock)

.357 - if prepared to take a revolver (yes I know there are capacity issues with that)

If cash is an issue put 7.5fk 2nd albeit if poor, it's probably 3rd as a non contender.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
I've got one of the really old ones in Texas. My license goes back to 1996 and I'll keep renewing it until I'm out of here.
Its good for out of state reciprocity and skipping NICS anyway, I'll always renew mine

I've heard it will get you out of a ticket, but no luck there, yet

StevenFromTexas

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Its good for out of state reciprocity and skipping NICS anyway, I'll always renew mine

I've heard it will get you out of a ticket, but no luck there, yet
I have shown mine quite a few times to law enforcement but not due to speeding. That license carries a lot more weight with them than someone who is carrying and doesn't have a license.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
I showed mine to a cop that got me for not coming to a full stop at a right-on-red turn, zero traffic around. Perfect driving record and he gave me a ticket anyway, ass

Hired a lawyer and got it thrown out because he wrote the street wrong on the ticket, he wasn't too happy.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Who plans on not hitting the target?
No one, but at the same time there are far too many people who don't have a plan to actually hit it either, They have a firearm, but time at the range learning to shoot under pressure is not in the plan. Someone once said use the largest calibre you can shoot accurately but I'm a pragmatist and I say use the largest calibre you can afford to practice with most regularly. 9mm fits that bill for a lot of people. There are also lots and lots of options in both firearms and ammo types in 9mm, and the terminal ballistics of modern 9mm ammunition has come a long way. Plus, as @IReallyLikePizza2 pointed out, if the shtf, 9mm is available from the logistics chains of all western armed forces.