Tuning/adjustment ideas.

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
3 of the cameras I have are setup completely fine. No complaints..... these 2 I'm having a slight headache figuring out what I need to add or adjust. I end up reverting back to the settings in the description, everything else I try doesn't seem to improve.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
both need you to take advantage of more zoom and get the walls out of frame.. other than that they look pretty good for what appears to be very low light conditions.

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
With the zoom, on the 5231, I was really hoping to keep it zoomed out incase anthing comes over the wall, but still be able to ID people it they come through the gate or to the door

Second cam I was hoping to observe the pool, and monitor the door. Maybe I'll get another cam down the road for the pool.

Anyways, thanks @nayr .

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
trying to do too much is usually gets poorer results, Main objective is that door.. if people come up to the door, regardless how they approach... you'll get em

What if someone parachutes into your roof and gets in with a chainsaw? Focus on whats likely to happen first and dont worry about edge cases so much.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What if someone parachutes into your roof and gets in with a chainsaw? Focus on whats likely to happen first and dont worry about edge cases so much.
lol do you know my grandma? she insisted on adding locks and an alarm sensor to her second floor attic access. she had no windows in the attic.

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Valid point, I will purchase an additional camera from Andy tonight for the balcony door. ;) Will grease the tiles so they can slip to their death.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
With the zoom, on the 5231, I was really hoping to keep it zoomed out incase anthing comes over the wall, but still be able to ID people it they come through the gate or to the door

Second cam I was hoping to observe the pool, and monitor the door. Maybe I'll get another cam down the road for the pool.

Anyways, thanks @nayr .
A little less IR reflection would help the 5231. How's the image when the motion light is on?

On the PTZ you do have auto tracking and 2 alarm inputs to play with. You could also automate turning on the porch light when there's activity.

When you make changes to settings don't change too many things at once.

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The motion/flood light is used maybe 1 minute the whole year, it is so insanely bright I feel bad for the neighbors(unless i point them straight down it creates artificial sun for their living room)...the ambient light lets me see what I need if I'm ever over there so I'm not gonna change the bulbs since it isn't used much. I would remove it, but it might become useful if I put my toyhauler back there or maybe a boat down the road.

I worry about the PTZ moving unless it is controlled by me right now...it is fairly quiet on lower turning speeds outside, but even on setting 1, it is loud in the master bedroom(the beam the lags are in is directly below the master bedroom. I'll give it 2 more months to see if the HOA freaks out before I start looking into a motion sensor for it.

Camit

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Try to mess with the contrast so there isn't such a white glow from the ir light . I used this little trick and it help a lot in face ID, also has nayr said zoom in more the view is to wide. Im guessing in the first video you have the camera setup to watch the door you tried walking in?

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yep, along with who ever goes through the rv gate..

the auto IR is slightly finicky having a long distance and a short for the ptz.