Turing cameras on remote switch

JodeanSS

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys, If there is a better area for the post please move it. Couldn't find a specific Turing area.

Been installed cameras for a few years. Most of them are just plug into dvr. Done a couple Speeco remote switches and air bridges before and had to set camera ip with a certain program.

Anyhow im not sure whats up with these Turing cams. Got a 2nd garage building that i put a poe switch in with 4 cameras there. It works, if i only plug one camera into switch and plug that switch into port 4 on the nvr i get the camera to come up. If i plug that switch into the network port of the nvr, it shows the cameras in search and can click add......moves them up to the 1 to 4 channels that i want them on but they stay red. Wont come online.

Now in past i used the isp router for adding the cameras instead of a switch. But in this case theres no internet.

DO i need a router plugged into the network port of nvr? How do the cameras show up and show the ip address but wont come online?

Nvr is TN-NRP084T

Cams are TI-NED0428

Thx

(newbie at setup but not at installing)

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No router needed.

If you're NOT going to use the NVR's virtual server via its POE ports but instead want to use a separate POE switch, then assign unique static IP's to each camera and the NVR's LAN IP, all in the same subnet.

The NVR's LAN port will go to the switch, each camera will go to the switch and for setup/monitoring a PC can be connected to the switch, also with a unique static IP in the same subnet as the NVR's LAN and the cams. Because all IP's are static, unique and in the same subnet, no router with DHCP function needed.

Do you know what the default IP of a cam is when they have been hard reset?

Last edited:

JodeanSS

n3wb
Reaction score
No router needed in any case.

If you're NOT going to use the NVR's virtual server via its POE ports but instead want to use a separate POE switch, then assign unique static IP's to each camera and the NVR's LAN IP, all in the same subnet.

The NVR's LAN port will go to the switch, each camera will go to the switch and for setup/monitoring a PC can be connected to the switch, also with a unique static IP in the same subnet as the NVR's LAN and the cams. Because all IP's are static, unique and in the same subnet, no router with DHCP function needed.

Do you know what the default IP of a cam is when they have been hard reset?
The camera on ch4 is the one I moved to the switch. In the search it still shows up as .5. Other camera is still new, not registered from nvr yet? At least I think that's how it works? It automatically registers UT if I plug it straight into a nvr port?

So if what your saying is change camera ip to a 192.168.1.25 or similar? Then it will work? What program is the best for that? Forget what I used in the speeco, might have been speeco program

Attachments

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The first image must be the NVR and the IP's must be static because if it were set to DHCP with no router there'd be no IP's populated.
That means the target subnet to set all your cams if NOT plugging into the NVR's POE port is 192.168.1.XXX.

I ask again: "Do you know what the default IP of a cam is when they have been hard reset?"

JodeanSS

n3wb
Reaction score
The first image must be the NVR and the IP's must be static because if it were set to DHCP with no router there'd be no IP's populated.
That means the target subnet to set all your cams if NOT plugging into the NVR's POE port is 192.168.1.XXX.

I ask again: "Do you know what the default IP of a cam is when they have been hard reset?"
I do not, and don't know how to reset. But in search it still shows up as .5 so I assume I can use that to log into it? Then change the ip. Just dont know what tool to use.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I do not, and don't know how to reset. But in search it still shows up as .5 so I assume I can use that to log into it? Then change the ip. Just dont know what tool to use.
Those IP's of 169.254.XXX.XXX mean there's no DHCP server supplying IP's so you won't be able to log into those.