Turn off the "beep" sound of a Hikvision DS-KB8112-IM doorbell ?!

Tietsky

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, we've got two Hikvision DS-KB8112-IM doorbells working. The doorbell is super fast and when someone push the doorbell button almost instantly my mobile phone rings with the Hik-connect app. But there is also a irritating problem. When you push the button on the doorbell the bell is making a "beep" sound like it's calling a phone. When nobody answer the bell by the mobile phone, because I open the door quick, the doorbell keep making that "beep" sound and eventually a women voice is saying that the call could not be answered.

Is there a way, maybe by hacking the firmware, to make it a silence doorbell?? So when someone is pushing the button there is no beep sound outside or a women voice???? Please help because it is very irritating :(

zsoldo

n3wb
Reaction score
When you go in configuration page do you have volume settings? You should have Output volume. Try with that.

Vjaybang

n3wb
Reaction score
The volume settings do not resolve this issue as the person at the door cannot hear you if you turn the volume down. I have the same doorbell DS-KB8112-IM and have been hunting for a solution of the exact same time. I am continously looking for a firmware update but this doesn't seem to have bee updated in ages. I thought there may have been an option to change the ringtone as a bell tone would be nice when the button is pressed. :(