Turn off the "beep" sound of a Hikvision DS-KB8112-IM doorbell ?!

Tietsky

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, we've got two Hikvision DS-KB8112-IM doorbells working. The doorbell is super fast and when someone push the doorbell button almost instantly my mobile phone rings with the Hik-connect app. But there is also a irritating problem. When you push the button on the doorbell the bell is making a "beep" sound like it's calling a phone. When nobody answer the bell by the mobile phone, because I open the door quick, the doorbell keep making that "beep" sound and eventually a women voice is saying that the call could not be answered.

Is there a way, maybe by hacking the firmware, to make it a silence doorbell?? So when someone is pushing the button there is no beep sound outside or a women voice???? Please help because it is very irritating :(

zsoldo

n3wb
Reaction score
When you go in configuration page do you have volume settings? You should have Output volume. Try with that.

Vjaybang

n3wb
Reaction score
The volume settings do not resolve this issue as the person at the door cannot hear you if you turn the volume down. I have the same doorbell DS-KB8112-IM and have been hunting for a solution of the exact same time. I am continously looking for a firmware update but this doesn't seem to have bee updated in ages. I thought there may have been an option to change the ringtone as a bell tone would be nice when the button is pressed. :(

Tav0

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the same issue/concern and started looking into the idea of using a custom firmware.

At the very basic, I was able to extract the firmware file (digicap.dav) with 7zip under Windows and immediately found the culprit: call_waiting.wav

It would seem very easy to simply delete or replace the wav file with an empty one and repack the whole thing but I am hesitant to do this and potentially briking the device.

There are topics on this forum regarding the issue of modified firmware but they seem to be oriented at achieving much more complicated modifications.

Maybe someone with experience on this could clarify if simply deleting the file wont brick the device.

Attachments

Tav0

n3wb
Reaction score
So I’ve finally disabled hik-conect and all communication devices to the DS-KB8112-IM.

Basically I settled with the “Calling Failled” message rather than the dial tone. To me, more than the annoying sound, was the fact that it never stopped “ringing” outside unless someone answered.

You can, however, add the device to the iVMS-4500 phone app and still use the microphone and speaker. And, if you set up motion alert, you will get a notification that someone is at the door. Moreover, if you have the latest firmware that allows you to hookup a conventional doorbell to the output relay, you can have that notification too.

So, bottom line, if you are at home you will get two notifications (app and doorbell) and if you are not home you will get the app notification.

Vjaybang

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Tav0. I have mine connected to an old doorbell chime and via hik-connect. Your findings are interesting. Rather than delete that file I wonder wether simply cutting that file out and replacing with a file that has the same name but a different tone would work? Im tempted to try it as if it breaks I might just buy a new one anyway.

saguy

n3wb
Reaction score
Also been setting up my DS-KB8112-IM and found the same thing annoying. The beep also sounds more like an engaged tone than a ringing sound, so someone pressing the button outside may be unsure of what's actually happening.

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Same here. Client complained about high beep volume. I suggested lowering volume, but as Vjaybang Mentioned , if affects talking volume.
With the new 2MP standalone version, you can seperatetly adjust the volume. But guess what? even if you set it on lowest, it is still making the same loud sound :)

Attachments

Vjaybang

n3wb
Reaction score
It's a real shame there's no solution for this beep tone :( if you could just change this one thing the doorbell would spot on for me!

edavidcz

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, we've got two Hikvision DS-KB8112-IM doorbells working. The doorbell is super fast and when someone push the doorbell button almost instantly my mobile phone rings with the Hik-connect app. But there is also a irritating problem. When you push the button on the doorbell the bell is making a "beep" sound like it's calling a phone. When nobody answer the bell by the mobile phone, because I open the door quick, the doorbell keep making that "beep" sound and eventually a women voice is saying that the call could not be answered.

Is there a way, maybe by hacking the firmware, to make it a silence doorbell?? So when someone is pushing the button there is no beep sound outside or a women voice???? Please help because it is very irritating :(
Did you find a solution?

edavidcz

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the same issue/concern and started looking into the idea of using a custom firmware.

At the very basic, I was able to extract the firmware file (digicap.dav) with 7zip under Windows and immediately found the culprit: call_waiting.wav

It would seem very easy to simply delete or replace the wav file with an empty one and repack the whole thing but I am hesitant to do this and potentially briking the device.

There are topics on this forum regarding the issue of modified firmware but they seem to be oriented at achieving much more complicated modifications.

Maybe someone with experience on this could clarify if simply deleting the file wont brick the device.
How can u go into that route? i only can OPEN DAV... i cant go in into \audio.tar.lzma promt me an error!

Tav0

n3wb
Reaction score
How can u go into that route? i only can OPEN DAV... i cant go in into \audio.tar.lzma promt me an error!
7-zip is able to handle .tar compression files.

You should be able to extract all the files within digicap.dav . The issue is compressing it back together and uploading the new firmware without any problems.

edavidcz

n3wb
Reaction score

You should be able to extract all the files within digicap.dav . The issue is compressing it back together and uploading the new firmware without any problems.
Me puedes contactar por correo? y nos pasamos conocimientos a ver si resolvemos esto...
edavidcasas de GMAIL

twancl

n3wb
Reaction score

Same problem here, cant open the .tar.lzma files in the digicap.dav file. Anny solution? Uploading the new digicap.dav file looks to be possible in the configuration of the intercom.