Turret Camera Recommendation

dsabot

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a large warehouse (20,00 square feet) that I am looking to add more cameras to.

My requirements are:

Turret camera
Audio recording
Works well in total darkness
Great image quality

EMPIRETECANDY suggested the 6MP Dahua DH-IPC-HDW4631EMP-ASE. I got one to test it out, and it is ok, but when people walk past the camera in the daytime, the image kind of streaks.

Since i need to purchase about 10 cameras, I was looking for something that wasn't super expensive.

Thanks in advance...

dsabot

n3wb
Reaction score
Perhaps my phrasing is off. A fairly dark warehouse.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I did read the wiki ...I don’t appreciate you insinuating I haven’t looked for answers
And how the fuQ are we supposed to know that unless you tell us? And if you had read the Wiki you'd already know about several cameras that meet your OP requirements.

dsabot

n3wb
Reaction score
And how the fuQ are we supposed to know that unless you tell us? And if you had read the Wiki you'd already know about several cameras that meet your OP requirements.
If I am supposed to announce I read the Wiki every time I post, then perhaps it should be noted in the Wiki, which is isn't.. In the meantime, why don't you try a little kindness instead of coming across like a total jackass. I am pretty sure you too were a noob at sometime. Try to make this a warm and inviting community, rather than being cold and unhelpful. And if my "stupid question" somehow infuriates you then do everyone a favor and skip it. No need to comment further.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Infuriated? No. Amused? Yes. Your question stupid? No. Poorly thought out? Yes indeed. However, I am presently convinced that you are profoundly stupid. Prove me wrong. thumbs smiley20.gif

dsabot

n3wb
Reaction score
Infuriated? No. Amused? Yes. Your question stupid? No. Poorly thought out? Yes indeed. However, I am presently convinced that you are profoundly stupid. Prove me wrong. View attachment 49892
Perhaps the question was poorly thought out. Still no reason for you to be a total jackass. In terms of proving you wrong, well, there is certainly no logical way to do that. What I can say though, is that I am fairly certain that you wouldn't have the balls to call me stupid to my face. You have an invite to come to and prove me wrong. In the meantime, enjoy your sad pathetic existence Q.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I have a large warehouse (20,00 square feet) that I am looking to add more cameras to.

My requirements are:

Turret camera
Audio recording
Works well in total darkness
Great image quality

EMPIRETECANDY suggested the 6MP Dahua DH-IPC-HDW4631EMP-ASE. I got one to test it out, and it is ok, but when people walk past the camera in the daytime, the image kind of streaks.

Since i need to purchase about 10 cameras, I was looking for something that wasn't super expensive.

Thanks in advance...
Yes, if totally dark, then use 2mp. IPC-HDW2231R-ZS is a good choice.