Turret Wall Mounting Options

harrijs

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the Hik or Dahua turret cameras can be mounted against a verticle wall and achieve a positive 90 degree view from ground being 0 degrees? The wall is a wood wall and I would like to be able to drill a small hole to feed ethernet through, terminate on the outside, then install the camera.

Do these cameras have enough dead space in their base to stuff the pigtail and the connected ethernet cable?

Caught a door checker this past weekend with a bullet 3MP Hik and now need to get some more cameras installed to complete coverage around the property. Thanks for the assistance.

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I would just buy the junction box for the turret, very small holes would have to be made for screws and a 3/8 hole for network cable

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You can fit it flush if you stick the wiring between the shroud and ball camera. I have done that.

harrijs

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks. I will initially try to mount it with the stock mount. It would be nice to save ~$20 not needing to purchase one of those anderson boxes or a manufacturer made junction.