Tv as Monitor

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Currently i have a DS-2CD2032F-1 connected directly to my router and records using an SD card.

I have a spare Hdmi port on my tv and i would like to view my camera on my tv if possible.

How could i do this please?

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Dual monitor out from your computer and plug it in the 2nd slot if convenient.

Tuck a super mini nvr or an Android box running TinyCam behind the TV and use it to display the feed.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have android tv device running tiny cam pro.it connects wireless to the router.i then view cams.i dont have the android tv on 24/7 but the times I monitor the cams while watching netflix has been excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LittleScoobyMaster

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wish the roku 3 would do something like tinycam pro.
I have a Roku2 and it has a couple IP camera apps built in but they have many limitations (images versus full video which is a huge limitation) but for some people it's better than nothing. From within the Roku main application click Search Channels \ Scroll down and click Apps. From there you can scroll down the menu until you see either WebCam, WebCam Plus, or a generic app just called 'Cameras' which requires the ip info of your cams. I would think it would be easy for someone to create one that can do full motion video. Maybe there are some limitations that the app developers have. who knows.

Last edited by a moderator:

zythros

n3wb
Reaction score
If your TV is smart it may be able to access the internet and view the feed

w1zofaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a Roku2 and it has a couple IP camera apps built in but they have many limitations (images versus full video which is a huge limitation) but for some people it's better than nothing. From within the Roku main application click Search Channels \ Scroll down and click Apps. From there you can scroll down the menu until you see either WebCam, WebCam Plus, or a generic app just called 'Cameras' which requires the ip info of your cams. I would think it would be easy for someone to create one that can do full motion video. Maybe there are some limitations that the app developers have. who knows.
I will take a look, but I think they use jpg's.

w1zofaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If your TV is smart it may be able to access the internet and view the feed
My TV is a smart one and has all kinds of apps. One of them says web browser with an image of a globe. But all that happens when I hit it, it takes me to the samsung store and thats all. :p