TVT camera on POE port of a Dahua NVR, a strange case

fdandrea

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am experiencing a strange problem between TVT IP cameras and Dahua POE NVRs.
The same thing happens to me with different models of cameras and different models of POE NVRs of that brands.
The cameras are 4MP.

The cameras, to be managed by the Dahua NVR, have to be activated, given a certain IP address and must have Onvif enabled.

I explain what is happening:
Case 1 - the camera has address 192.168.1.200 and is connected to an external POE switch in the NVR's LAN = perfect
Case 2 - the camera has address 10.1.1.2 and is connected to the POE port 1 of the NVR = occasionally freezes and there are holes in the recordings
Case 3 - the camera has address 10.1.1.2 and is connected to the POE port 1 of the NVR but is powered by 12Vdc (I thought: "maybe it's a power problem") = occasionally freezes and there are holes in the recordings
Case 4 - the camera has address 10.1.1.2 and is connected to a POE switch from which, from the UPLINK port, a cable goes to the POE 1 port of the NVR = perfect

The case seems very strange to me.
It seems to be a problem of incompatibility between the 2 products in the use via POE port of the NVR.
It's not an ONVIF problem because it works fine in certain modes.
It's not a power supply problem because at 12Vdc it doesn't work well.
It is not a POE port bandwidth problem of the NVR because if I connect a POE switch at the POE port 1 of the NVR, the camera connected to the switch works fine.

I don't understand what's going on and wonder if it has happened to any of you before.
Thanks in advance.

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Unless it’s a rebranded camera of same oem nvr, I wont bother hooking to nvr. Just enable onvif plug into a switch and call it a day.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
^^^^
This

Not sure of your problem, but the ports on the Dahua NVRs like to assign their own IPs. Port 1 is usually 10.1.1.65 and they go up in order from there - #2 is 10.1.1.66
Sometimes you can see some odd stuff if you try to use your own with cameras competing for an IP. Try matching those and see if it helps.

Last edited:

fdandrea

n3wb
Reaction score
^^^^
This

Not sure of your problem, but the ports on the Dahua NVRs like to assign their won IPs. Port 1 is usually 10.1.1.65 and they go up in order from there - #2 is 10.1.1.66
Sometimes you can see some odd stuff if you try to use your own with cameras competing for an IP. Try matching those and see if it helps.
In this case, the NVR does not assign addresses because the cameras are not of the same brand. It doesn't work in Plug&Play but I search for the camera, find it as Onvif and add it by specifying the correct password. I tried 10.1.1.2 (but I could also use 10.1.1.65) and it only works if I put a switch in between; direct doesn't work.

fdandrea

n3wb
Reaction score
Unless it’s a rebranded camera of same oem nvr, I wont bother hooking to nvr. Just enable onvif plug into a switch and call it a day.
To be fair: the camera is manufactured by TVT but branded differently; the NVR is manufactured by Dahua but branded differently. The problem arises from a customer who bought these products (I call it a "mixed fry") and now has problems if he has to move the cameras under an external switch was not planned and we would like to avoid it.