Twist lock RJ45 connector

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey again!

does anyone know the specific type of twist lock connector Dahua uses for their Ethernet connections? I’d like to attach the male equivalent to the other end. It’s dropping down the inside of a pipe mount into conduit. Is this to attach to regular cable?

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The male end goes thru the black pieces in your third picture. If you are using a premade cable, it might be difficult or impossible to get it thru the opening unless you shave off some of the connector.

And if we didn't tell you, do not trust this as waterproof. Use dielectric grease and self-adhering tape.

1681857058504.png

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’ve got some silicon tape. It has a line down the middle where it’s supposed to overlap. I think I’ve got some dielectric grease as well. If not, I will lol.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Strange....I didn't see the OP's 3rd picture until I returned 10 minutes later to reply. His first 2 images have more views than the 3rd. :idk:

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yep, I’ve got some “Super Lube.” Just brush it on the male and female ends and connect? Between this, the tape and connector with oring… moisture shouldn’t be an issue.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Most of us fill the female full and dab some on the male end. It then gushes out and then try to act like it is a sealant and rub a qtip or finger all around to try to fill in any spot where you see plastic on plastic. Then put the fake waterproof connector on and then wrap it with tape.

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Most of us fill the female full and dab some on the male end. It then gushes out and then try to act like it is a sealant and rub a qtip or finger all around to try to fill in any spot where you see plastic on plastic. Then put the fake waterproof connector on and then wrap it with tape.
I’ll make it happen! I thought I’d be able to have everything inside the camera mount or conduit. However, it won’t be completely watertight the way it’s mounted to the pole without a LOT of RTV. The way y’all do it is apparently proven and so shall I.