Two camera simple (yeah right) question

BruToYou

n3wb
Reaction score
Like many others … beating my head against my PC table! I've been reading/watching all types of posts about profiles and schedules...and I STILL confused. Here's my scenario: Two cameras. I want one to
motion trigger 24/7 (it does that now fine). I want the other to only motion trigger between the hours of 8 pm to 12 am (the rest of the time on, but no recording). Can I use only profile 1 for both cameras …. having camera 2 scheduled for 8 pm to 12 am? That's all I'm wanting to do … but it doesn't work.
I even tried entering and savind a second profile named 8 to 12, but every time I went back to
look at the 2nd camera's properties … it always showed profile 1 (not profile 8 - 12)
Help me Obiwan .. you're my only hope!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The profile selected in the properties it simply for settings purposes it is not the current active profile... The settings are different for each profile.. you need to re-watch the videos and read The help file again.
The simplest way to achieve this is to have two profiles... For 1 camera the settings will be the same on both profiles.. for the second camera uncheck recording for profile 2 (or set it to be inactive but display inactive camera)