Two deer, a car and a close call

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This happens literally a half dozen times a day, every day....and night. And those are just the ones I know of. The locals watch for them especially right here, as they like to lie down like cows in the 2 acres in front of my house.

Not sure what's going on with the overlay from BIT on the upper left; live cam is good and the .BVR file is also OK, only this exported .MP4 has the garbled text.

This 'FlagCam' is a 5 year old UBNT AirCam @ 720p (doing the best it can) looking out a window, only light source is 2 flag lights and the vehicle I plan on a 2MP Starlight turret outside under the eave this summer.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Weird, not are what's going on with the overlay. Check the test file when that happens, see if it's messed up. It almost looks like multiple macros are in the same spot, look for that too

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Weird, not are what's going on with the overlay. Check the test file when that happens, see if it's messed up. It almost looks like multiple macros are in the same spot, look for that too
Yeah, I'll mess with it later today..gotta drive with wife 110 miles round trip to visit her son in another town (item #1 on today's "honeydo list"). :cool:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Finally got to it this morning and it was simple:
On the "Convert/Export" menu, one must NOT check "Add the camera's current text and graphic overlay", as below:

BI_export-BI-Tools.jpg

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
Deer have a death wish when it comes to roads. Their camouflage may serve them well in the wild, but it's not the best for them when they decide to loiter on streets, roads, and highways.

I've only killed one, myself, and that was in a company van at dusk, in Montana, heading home to Wyoming one evening. I did bag an Antelope with another van (different company, though) in Wy, long ago.

But I've been lucky. My brother hit deer on six different occasions, in less than two years, in a new Audi, and his insurance agent told him it didn't matter. This was all near the CO, WY border. They're all treated as "acts of God", and his rates were not affected at all. I call that car the "deerslayer", and threatened to get some deer silhouettes to put on the fender, like "confirmed kills" on a fighter plane.

I'd love to have FLIR and a heads-up display for seeing them on and near the roadway ahead when driving from early dusk through dawn. Deer seem to be attracted to the warm pavement or something. Antelope (pronghorns) can be bad, too.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Mrs bigredfish got her a 6 point a couple of winters ago when visiting family up in PA. Destroyed a rental car in the process.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you ever hear the YouTube audio when a women called in on a radio show, I think in the Midwest or west, to complain that it was irresponsible and dangerous for the local governments to place the 'Deer Crossing" signs where they did? She felt the signs encouraged the deer to cross at dangerous, high speed highways and she wanted the practice stopped. :screwy:

God help us....

Last edited: