Two DNS on one router

dennisoates

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have two different types of camera and they both have to have a separate DNS. is it possible to have two different dns addresses on one router? thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have two different types of camera and they both have to have a separate DNS. is it possible to have two different dns addresses on one router? thanks
what do you mean by two different dns?..its likely that you simply have something set incorrectly....post the images of the dns settings on both cameras.

themow

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Its much easier to setup ONE ddns in your router than each camera individually.
For example I have one NOIP account. The ddns is not setup in my camera at all. Much cleaner way to run things

dennisoates

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My dlink camera requires DYNDNS only, and Foscam uses NOIP , fyi

themow

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That's if you want to use each camera as your ddns. That's not necessary. What if you had 50 cameras? Would you setup a ddns for each one? No, you set up one ddns in your router and you can access all cameras that way.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
As themow says, you only need to setup a single device on the network to report the ip. Dyndns/no-ip is simply a service that updates your host (mycams.dyndns.org) with your correct external ip address so it can redirect you to that address when you use the hostname.