Two of Four DS-2CD2032F-I cams "Live view failed" in any browser. Need help please.

scguy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have four DS-2CD2032F-I Hik cams and one DS-2CD2042WD-I. They all are working perfectly in my Hik NVR and with Blue Iris. My problem is accessing 2 of the 2032 cams in any browser. Up until yesterday I was able to access them in any browser. I can still access them but get no image in the browser. I get the dreaded "live view failed". I hope someone can please give me some direction.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

ramleaf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Re: Two of Four DS-2CD2032F-I cams "Live view failed" in any browser. Need help pleas

Try to unistall the plugin and install it again.

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Re: Two of Four DS-2CD2032F-I cams "Live view failed" in any browser. Need help pleas

Clear cache / try Firefox?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ramleaf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

No, uninstall the webcomponents from Control Panel -> Programs and Features
Then access the camera from the web browser to reinstall the plugin.

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Yes I know how to uninstall and reinstall it, I was only suggesting to him one additional step before going that route. I've had a lot of cache problems with Hikvision devices in terms of accessing them. (not explicitly live view though)

ramleaf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

My apologies @CoreyX64, I didn't see the username, I thought it was the OP.

Last edited by a moderator:

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

No worries. When I re-read your post I had a feeling that was the case.

I've had various cache issues from browsers remembering one camera's settings and applying them to the next camera I connect to. A more notable example is people messing around with region settings, the camera still appears English until they refresh the browser and clear cache, at which point it flips Chinese. The reason I think it's a cache issue is the plugin, from what he describes, works fine on the 2 cams, but not on the other two. If all of them were messed up, plugin fault hands down. But that's still a solid last resort method that would most definitely take care of it. Based on the screenshot he's using IE11/Win7.

scguy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

First of all, thanks to you guys for responding. Some things I hadn't thought of, however it seemed to be something different (and strange) that was the issue. Before bed last night I decided to give it another shot. I logged on to one of the cameras in IE-11, went to system configuration, then chose the option to restore the camera but leave network config. and user config. the same. After doing this, the custom http port I had assigned reverted back to port 80. When I logged on to the camera again I was pleased to see the live view was working again. I then changed the port back to the custom http port I have been using for months without issue and again "live view failed". Changing the port back to the default port 80 restores live view. I had been using a custom port to access the cameras outside the network before discovering Blue Iris. At this point I no longer see a need for a custom port.
Thanks again for the replies!