Two POE Cams Over One Ethernet Cable

rfj

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This one works great. And you only need one POE port. The one above requires two available POE ports.

Plus this one is sold by Andy! If your POE has the power available, this is good to go.\

Many people use this one to power their Z12E being used for LPR with an overview cam next to it.

This splitter is pretty much impossible to fit into the PFA130-E. So I ended up modifying that box. The piece that mounts to the wall has a thread in the middle that sticks out about 1/8". I used a hole saw to cut that away. See PFA130-E-1.jpg. The biggest issue however was the cap that goes on that box. It has 3 stand-offs to accommodate other cameras. There is also a round rim in the center. That round rim I cut away with a 2.5" hole saw. There were still some stand-offs left that I cut away with an angle grind. See image PFA130-E-2.jpg. I know, not very nice but nobody will see it. So that the cables don't get cut I used a metal file. It was quite a bit of work but I like the end result. See PFA130-E-3.jpg. The blue cable (will be painted) leads to the other camera that is connected to the switch.

Attachments

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.