Two Solicitors Take A Break

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
These 2 women took a brief rest break on the corner. I'm not sure what they were canvassing for. At the end of the video they spot our "No Soliciting" signs on both front gates, so they never came to the door.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Man....a 45 minute "break"?
In my day, we'd keep going, get done early and go home....just sayin' !

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
I respect them for honoring your sign. So many solicitors don't pay any attention to them. To me, It means they are most likely reputable and trained properly by their company. #Respect

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I respect them for honoring your sign. So many solicitors don't pay any attention to them. To me, It means they are most likely reputable and trained properly by their company. #Respect
I spent 30+ yrs dealing with the public.
A-they never see the sign.
B-Can't comprehend the sign.
Mostly A.
Just like they don't notice my front door camera that is arms reach from their head at eye level.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sister in law that visits here weekly the past 10 years. Walks past the 8ft lamp post that's 2ft from the sidewalk. Recently asked, that's a nice lamp post, I like that. When did you put that there......me: 2005.
Most folks are oblivious to their surroundings, in self defense they talk about having situational awareness, setting in the parking lot at stores waiting for my wife, it's clear that most folks wouldn't see a battalion of terrorists, armed to the teeth, 20 ft away.

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I do not have any signs, but if they do show up, I politely ask them to hold on a minute while I get my gun, then shut the door.

StratRider

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have looked up and printed out our City Ordinance against Soliciting. I have the proper sign in place and so far about 60% of them see it and move on.
Knowing the ordinance itself allows me to tell them where they are failing the law should they happen to catch me outside and show them what gives me the right to call the police on them and their boss.
They have to be registered with the city and wear the city issued identification.
If I answer the door then I can just hand them a copy and tell them to get with their boss.
Usually I just don't answer the door anyway.