Two way audio with Blue Iris

3dogpottery

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I did a search but could not find a satisfactory answer. I purchased an Anpvis camera which is actually a Hikvision PTZ-N2404I-DE3. I can get the two way audio (mic and speaker) to work via the camera's web page, but not though blue iris. I've tried various configurations but to no avail. Anyone have any suggestions? Incidentally, I am still using the old Blue Iris but the latest version.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I did a search but could not find a satisfactory answer. I purchased an Anpvis camera which is actually a Hikvision PTZ-N2404I-DE3. I can get the two way audio (mic and speaker) to work via the camera's web page, but not though blue iris. I've tried various configurations but to no avail. Anyone have any suggestions? Incidentally, I am still using the old Blue Iris but the latest version.
try the threads on the hikvision cube

3dogpottery

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion Fenderman. I perused through everything I could find regarding two way audio settings in Blue Iris, but could not find anything that helped me to get it to work. This is just something I was playing around with, so it is not the end of the world if I can't get it to work. I have no problem with upgrading to Blue Iris v5. It's just that I am very happy with the way Blue Iris 4 is working with all of my cameras. However, if Blue Iris v5 will allow this functionality, I have no problem purchasing the license. Blue Iris has been super for viewing my cameras at home and away.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion Fenderman. I perused through everything I could find regarding two way audio settings in Blue Iris, but could not find anything that helped me to get it to work. This is just something I was playing around with, so it is not the end of the world if I can't get it to work. I have no problem with upgrading to Blue Iris v5. It's just that I am very happy with the way Blue Iris 4 is working with all of my cameras. However, if Blue Iris v5 will allow this functionality, I have no problem purchasing the license. Blue Iris has been super for viewing my cameras at home and away.
it does provide the function, you just need to select the correct option from the drop down as those posts explain. It will not work with find/inspect/onvif. You can also email support if you have a plan.

maximosm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
For me all off hikvision cameras that i use with BI working well the Audio (microphone) but not the talk function.Are you finde any solution on this?