Ubiquiti question.....

Reaction score
wanted to toss out another manufacturer option. At my day job, we have been using Ubiquiti products for years. However, 2 latest projects had us shooting across 1/4 mile of water and 7 different Ubiquiti projects could not deliver (water reflection was horrendous). #2 job involved shooting 1/2 mile LOS with a concrete warehouse in the middle nearly blocking the LOS (Ubiquiti did not like this at all). Boss man asked some dish internet for suggestions. Microtech or Microtek (can't find pics or a link at the moment) to the rescue. While Ubiquiti plays with 2.4 and 5, this Mircrotech (or Microtek) runs with 60Ghz and solved both issues. I believe the price was 10-20% higher.
They do use standard POE injectors. They do not require any static/dynamic IP's on the network as they are simple passthru's with their own IP's.
aha! found them:
Wow-- Does that 60Ghz band require FCC radio licensing to use?

Reaction score
Wow-- Does that 60Ghz band require FCC radio licensing to use?
Good point. We are working with a corporation reseller for these items. I just asked (currently, I'm at work) and boss man says no...for these 60Ghz band, no license is required.

Reaction score
Each hop on this layout would be about 800 ~ 850 yards..... Pretty much the same distances if it went up the hill instead of to the elevator....