Uh Oh, almost sorry I put the camera up

ctgoldwing

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
About a month ago we were about to leave on vacation. I had already put two outside cameras on my LAN and started using BI. Because our deliveries are usually left inside the garage and last summer I 'lost' some Dewalt power tools from there I decided to put in a wifi camera.
It was in for about 2 hours when I saw there was a clip already. Wanting to see the quality from the 1080p camera I took a look. Some things you just can't rub out.

View attachment Garage.20191105_175554_1.mp4

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Look on the bright side, for a minute from the description I thought it was going to be your daughter with a man! That would be a hard one (excuse the pun) to erase from your memory.

At least this one you will forget. Just surprised she kept going forward though instead of backing up and re-positioning. Still if the bumper isn't damaged beyond cosmetic, then a smart repairer can probably repair it for not too much money.

Maybe it's time to get a wider garage door and do away with side entrance.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
What's she doing out of the house, was it her birthday? ;)

That's the problem with narrow garage openings, I refuse to let my car ever pull her car in or out as I'm sure she'd do similar, plus my wife, much like most women views her car as just another white good, if it breaks or if she breaks it get a new one.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
About a month ago we were about to leave on vacation. I had already put two outside cameras on my LAN and started using BI. Because our deliveries are usually left inside the garage and last summer I 'lost' some Dewalt power tools from there I decided to put in a wifi camera.
It was in for about 2 hours when I saw there was a clip already. Wanting to see the quality from the 1080p camera I took a look. Some things you just can't rub out.

View attachment 52064
Ouch, that sucks! I embedded the video for you btw.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ouch, that sucks! I embedded the video for you btw.
Not sure what the heck is going on with my stuff but I still cannot play the video using IE11, Chrome or FF; I have to download and open with VLC...... crazy!

Reaction score
Not sure what the heck is going on with my stuff but I still cannot play the video using IE11, Chrome or FF; I have to download and open with VLC...... crazy!
Same problem for me. I do get sound, but no picture even on the embedded one. I was able to dowload it using "Save Video" and then watch it via QuickTime.

windguy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sound and video work fine on Firefox after it was embedded - thanks!

Someone had to pee really bad! :rolleyes:
Sorry about that. I feel bad for her and you. No one needs more headaches like this, but at least no one got hurt.
Nice job on the camera install. Did she fess up to it immediately?
The part that cracks me up is that after the initial contact she didn't stop and then back up to access.
That's a difficult driveway approach combined with a narrow door opening. The question is what are you going to do going forward to prevent a reccurrence. Good luck with that.

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
There goes her excuse of "someone must have hit it at the mall". A couple years back, my mom came up with that excuse and that's what she still sticks to today in spite of there being rub marks on the entrance to the garage that line up perfectly with those on her car. I wish I had cameras back then but it wouldn't matter now. My mom is convinced that it is 1976. We all age and accidents happen.

ctgoldwing

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Look on the bright side, for a minute from the description I thought it was going to be your daughter with a man! That would be a hard one (excuse the pun) to erase from your memory.

At least this one you will forget. Just surprised she kept going forward though instead of backing up and re-positioning. Still if the bumper isn't damaged beyond cosmetic, then a smart repairer can probably repair it for not too much money.

Maybe it's time to get a wider garage door and do away with side entrance.
$600 (as a favor) and like new - in the spring I'll fix the door

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Firefox seems to be the only browser that works. Some strange encoding. I got a black screen with Vivaldi (Chrome based) and ie.

$600 (as a favor) and like new - in the spring I'll fix the door
I'm guessing that's her spending money stopped for a while. Maybe you should also give her detention until you've got a wider garage or narrower car. :)

Alternatively you get her one of these for Christmas. The only trouble then is you might need to upgrade your house:

Last edited: