UI 3 and green screen playback issue (again?)

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Fixed this a few months ago from a suggestion to turn on javascript in UI3 but it's been back now for a least 2 months. Tried Edge, turned off hw accel in both edge and chrome, still no love. Anything new on this to try to get rid of the green screen video playback in UI3?

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Haven't seen that for a long time after updates to BI/UI3 and browsers. Was a pain for a while. I never changed anything otherwise.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you saying it happens also with the JavaScript player now? That would strongly point at a video driver being the issue, since the javascript player renders to a canvas that I think is in webgl mode.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
UI3-223 from Sep 10, 2022 has a bugfix for the HTML5 player which solved one of the issues that could cause a green screen (only in the HTML5 player), and based on how little I've heard about it lately I think it was probably the most common cause. Any continuing green screen problems are likely the result of a bug in a configuration that I don't normally use, or a hardware or driver issue.

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It's happening on my desktop computer at home and, now that I'm on the road, with my laptop. On both machines I was using Chrome primarily but tried Edge and both had hw acceleration turned off and both tried using javascript. When this was reported late last summer, switching to javascript fixed it. Then, on it's own, it started back up again, guessing around Oct/Nov but I didn't report it as it wasn't so bad that I couldn't see video. Now it's at the point where I felt like if this was still a known issue it'd be fixed, so now I'm wondering if it's just broke again or something.
I'm on UI3 version 227, Blue Iris version: 5.6.8.4

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
@bp2008

Sorry to revive an old thread, I am having constant UI3 green screen issues now with certain cameras in any mode; 1MP, 2MP, or 4MP. The only way to eliminate it is to use JPG mode. I have not updated BI in a while, nor do I want to because everything has been working except this green screen issue. Any ideas? Can I update just UI3 without breaking BI?

BI V 5.5.9.6 x64
UI V 221

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You can do anything you want to UI3 (even delete it) without affecting Blue Iris. You'll only be affecting UI3.

Feel free to try the latest UI3. If it has compatibility problems, you can always extract a different UI3 version over the top of it.

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
You can do anything you want to UI3 (even delete it) without affecting Blue Iris. You'll only be affecting UI3.

Feel free to try the latest UI3. If it has compatibility problems, you can always extract a different UI3 version over the top of it.
Thanks, do I just unzip to the UI3 folder?

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Looks like the update did the trick. No green screens. Thx