UI3 - 5.0.6.2 & 4

Steven4x4

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,

I've been running a separate micro PC for nearly a year now, which, on startup, opens UI3 on 2 screens (in Chrome) . (Basically my surveillance monitor station).
Only changes to this system would be regular windows and application updates.

I noticed that after upgrading the BI Server to 5.0.6.2 (on Monday) and then even after upgrading to 5.0.6.4 (Today) I continue to get this error message:

1574031395813.png

Little background, the micro PC will occasionally go to sleep after several hours of non use, but when I wake the system backup with a simple mouse movement, I typically see a couple of red and yellow alerts in the bottom right hand corner, followed by the login page, then the UI3 typically reconnects itself without any user interaction.

However, after the recent update, I now have to get on the system and click the OK button as show in the picture on both screens and hard refresh the screens.
Is there any way to fix that issue so that it will reconnect by itself?

I've reverted back to a snapshot of my BI server that was running 5.0.5.9 where I know this issue wasn't present.

Thank you.

Steven4x4

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This also happens if the BI Server is rebooted... (Previously, UI3 would reconnect on it's own).

Steven4x4

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you BP.

I was doing major upgrades to my network and servers yesterday and had a tough time isolating a network, so I didn't have a chance to apply the fix yet.

Moral of the story, if adding a new network port to a Linux VM (Specifically Sophos UTM) on VMWare ESXi 6.7.2... although the VM recognizes the new port after a VM reboot, the ESXi Server will not process that port properly until the ESXi Server has been restarted.

Hopefully I'll have some time to try it tonight.

Thanks again.
Cheers!

Steven4x4

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi BP,

Sorry, I didn't get back to you sooner.
I just installed 5.0.6.7 and it looks like the issue is fixed.

Thanks again!