UI3 blocked by pfSense in LAN

OBXJeepGuy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I can access UI3 from the WAN (outside world), but somehow I can’t access UI3 via my DDNS web address from within the LAN. I can access it via the IP address of the BI machine which is normally fine, but my wife uses UI3 on her phone, and I can’t explain to her that within the LAN you need to go “192.168.blah blah.
Had anyone run into this problem?

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
I have used 2 entries on the BI app, one inside, one outside.

The other way is to use a VPN witch is a lot more secure!

I use a VPN on mine

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Add ZeroTier. Then you can access UI3 with the same IP whether or not you're on the LAN. ZeroTier sets up a secondary network in another IP range that stays the same for the device, both inside the WiFi and on a cell network. You just need to turn on ZeroTier as a habit when you turn on the phone.

OBXJeepGuy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I caved and bought her the BI iOS app. I already had it on my phone, and it works whether or not I am on the LAN. Presumably, it stores both pieces of info (LAN and WAN) for situations like this. But I am still curious as to what is blocking it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I can access UI3 from the WAN (outside world), but somehow I can’t access UI3 via my DDNS web address from within the LAN. I can access it via the IP address of the BI machine which is normally fine, but my wife uses UI3 on her phone, and I can’t explain to her that within the LAN you need to go “192.168.blah blah.
Had anyone run into this problem?
Edit: BP2008 beat me to it.