UI3 is great! Is there a way to send sound alert when cam triggers?

logbuilder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've just started using UI3 on a Fire tablet that is dedicated to showing cameras and I'm extremely pleased. It's currently using Silk as the browser. It is in our family room. It would be fantastic if some sort of audible sound or announcement could be sent to the tablet when a camera triggers. That would alert me to look at the monitor. Cherry on top would be if the sound indicated which camera triggered. The BI5 machine and the tablet are on the same subnet if that matters.

Is this possible?

Thanks,
Robert

jrbeddow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've just started using UI3 on a Fire tablet that is dedicated to showing cameras and I'm extremely pleased. It's currently using Silk as the browser. It is in our family room. It would be fantastic if some sort of audible sound or announcement could be sent to the tablet when a camera triggers. That would alert me to look at the monitor. Cherry on top would be if the sound indicated which camera triggered. The BI5 machine and the tablet are on the same subnet if that matters.

Is this possible?

Thanks,
Robert
You might want to look into Pushover notifications, see here:

digger11

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Is this possible?
In UI3 go to UI Settings (3 dots at upper right), and scroll down to Event-Triggered Sounds.
You can then set sounds for Motion Detected, Camera Triggered, and/or Camera Alerting.
For me, I only have sound played for Camera Alerting. The others would be going off way more than I want to hear.

Sounds will only play for the cameras being displayed, so if you are watching a group that only has a few cameras in it you won't get a sound for a triggered/alerting camera in another group.

I also use Pushover as @jrbeddow mentioned above. It lets me send different sounds to let me know what object has been identified, or where the alert is occurring, but since I push a high resolution image with the alert, sometimes it can lag 15 seconds behind the event. The UI3 sound happens as soon as the AI has confirmed an event, which is usually within a second or two.

Last edited:

logbuilder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In UI3 go to UI Settings (3 dots at upper right), and scroll down to Event-Triggered Sounds.
You can then set sounds for Motion Detected, Camera Triggered, and/or Camera Alerting.
For me, I only have sound played for Camera Alerting. The others would be going off way more than I want to hear.

Sounds will only play for the cameras being displayed, so if you are watching a group that only has a few cameras in it you won't get a sound for a triggered/alerting camera in another group.

I also use Pushover as @jrbeddow mentioned above. It lets me send different sounds to let me know what object has been identified, or where the alert is occurring, but since I push a high resolution image with the alert, sometimes it can lag 15 seconds behind the event. The UI3 sound happens as soon as the AI has confirmed an event, which is usually within a second or two.
Wow, huge set of options that can be configured! Hadn't seen those before. Thanks so much.

You mention camera groups. Where are those groups defined?