UI3 issue

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
Lately I have been getting these messages, and I don't know what to do about them.
Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
That error occurred in openh264_decoder.js, which is the JavaScript H.264 decoder, and it is a file I didn't write. Luckily, your error seems to be very straightforward. It appears your video stream included a frame that is larger than the JavaScript H.264 decoder was designed to handle (1 MiB apparently).

That doesn't normally happen with default encoder parameters, so I'd like to see what your encoder options look like. Please go to Blue Iris Settings > Web server > Advanced > Encoder profiles. Please screenshot your Streaming 0 configuration and post it here. Also share the configuration of your active streaming profile in UI3 (UI3 main menu > Streaming Profiles). It is unlikely you changed the configuration in UI3 but nonetheless please share just in case.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I have modified the JavaScript H.264 decoder in UI3-239 and later so it allocates a 16 MiB buffer for holding the incoming H.264 NAL unit (up from 1 MiB), so it should be good for the foreseeable future.

Note, it is still possible for badly configured encoder settings to yield a stream that will fail to play (e.g. quality set above 50 with a high bit rate limit, or no bit rate limit). I'm in communication with Ken about that with plans help prevent such a situation in the future.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, I did not get notification, that I have new messages.
:)

Given the screenshots above, I recommend you read the "H.264 Profile Configuration Tips" section of UI3 help, and reset your streaming profile settings back to default because the way you have a lot of that set now ... well it is doing you no favors. Quality is far too high, GOP is far too low (common advice about setting i-frame interval equal to frame rate absolutely does not apply to BI web server streaming). Then the combination of the low bit rate limit and preset "ultrafast" means you will be getting relatively much blocky artifacts in your video stream. Of course because you've enabled direct-to-wire, none of the above applies to solo camera H.264 streams where you are instead at the mercy of the camera's encoder to do things in a way that are compatible with UI3.

I'm curious why you are using the JavaScript player in the first place, since it is drastically more CPU-intensive than the default player.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't remember adjusted anything in UI3. Most of the stuff I don't even know what they mean.
I will reset everything to default and see if goes back to normal.
When this issue came up, it is not because I adjusted something, it just started happening on it's own.
Thanks, for your help.
I will update this thread in a few days.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
It works now. It looks like the reset did it, but I'm not sure what made those changes, because I only changed the idle timeout to 0.