UI3 showing different Groups from console

HelloAgain

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Any idea why the web UI would be showing me different groups than the admin console (see attached pic).

From within the web UI, I can see all the cameras that are members of other groups, but the other groups don't show up in the drop down. I've verified that 'enable group webcast stream' is checked for all groups.

Also, I noticed that if I modify the individual user accounts and check 'Limit to camera groups', that the selected user groups will then start showing up in the drop-down menu, however "All cameras" and "All cameras cycle" will then be gone. When I go back to unchecking the box, the group options go back to what you see in the pic.

Attachments

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
That is strange. Is the group list also missing items on jpegpull.htm?

Do you by chance have any individual cameras with the same short name as any of the group names? Seems unlikely, since you can make all the groups show up using user account limits, but it seems worth mentioning. I'm not really sure how well UI3 or BI would handle such a situation.

HelloAgain

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I don't see a group list in that file. I sent you a copy of the file via a private conversation in case you'd like to look at it.

I did have a camera and group both called 'Garage'. I changed the camera name to 'GarageCam' and then rebooted my PC, but it didn't have any affect.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
For anyone having the same problem, the problem here is that several of his groups had only one camera in them. BI applies special behavior to groups that have only one camera, such as not showing them in web UIs when the All cameras group is available.

modit

n3wb
Reaction score
For anyone having the same problem, the problem here is that several of his groups had only one camera in them. BI applies special behavior to groups that have only one camera, such as not showing them in web UIs when the All cameras group is available.
what if we want all the groups to be visible, i am having same issue as i am not able to see all the groups in web UI

modit

n3wb
Reaction score
we have added all 64 cameras with in 24 groups , it depends upon location of the cameras located. There are many groups which have a single camera, in web Ui we are getting only 20 groups displayed, is there any workaround in which we can see all the groups?