UI3 URL Parameters ?

DwightB

n3wb
Reaction score
I looked in the UI3 help file to get a list of URL parameters. Are there also some undocumented ones that could be useful?
In my example below the User and password parameters work though they are not in the help file listing. So, that got me thinking about the possibility of others.:secret:

http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxx/ui3.htm?user=Admin&pw=**********&group=House&maximize=1

DwightB

n3wb
Reaction score
I got that same list from the Ui3 help file as stated in my original post.

I am asking if there are other undocumented parameters such as "user=" and "pw=" that I use in my sample url (it is a working URL).

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I got that same list from the Ui3 help file as stated in my original post.
Your original post did not clarify from where you got it, as UI3 has built-in help. and then there's the GitHub.
I am asking if there are other undocumented parameters such as "user=" and "pw=" that I use in my sample url (it is a working URL).
Not sure how one would know if they're undocumented, so I'll answer "I don't know."

Good luck....:cool:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think I put any undocumented URL parameters into UI3. The user= and pw= aren't part of UI3. Those are handled directly by Blue Iris's web server as an alternate means to authenticate, but they require you to have secure authentication disabled.

Your original post did not clarify from where you got it, as UI3 has built-in help. and then there's the GitHub.
The page you linked on github is literally UI3's built-in help page, loaded straight from the master repository. (so it is basically the same as what you'd get if you opened it via your own private Blue Iris server)

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The page you linked on github is literally UI3's built-in help page, loaded straight from the master repository. (so it is basically the same as what you'd get if you opened it via your own private Blue Iris server)
I understand. But I was not made aware of which version of UI3 had and where the OP's Help was from as the built-in Help can be missing items that ARE in the up-to-date GitHub; for instance, my UI3 is old, v153, and has no timeline parameters.

I was trying to establish a baseline so as to compare apples and apples, so to speak. As always, thanks for you input....and your work with UI3!

DwightB

n3wb
Reaction score
I understand. But I was not made aware of which version of UI3 had and where the OP's Help was from as the built-in Help can be missing items that ARE in the up-to-date GitHub; for instance, my UI3 is old, v153, and has no timeline parameters.

I was trying to establish a baseline so as to compare apples and apples, so to speak. As always, thanks for you input....and your work with UI3!
Thanks Guys. A person (me) knows they are causing trouble when the Developer chimes in. I will return to underneath my rock now.:mad: