UI5 Config file for Clips & Archive settings?

STB

n3wb
Reaction score
Greetings - Where does BI UI5 store the configuration settings for Clips & Archives? I make changes in BI settings but they do not "stick" pertaining to Clips & Archive, restarted service, shutdown multiple times, tried saving multiple times- insists on keeping old settings when changes are made in console.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Blue Iris keeps all its settings in the Windows Registry. Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Perspective Software\Blue Iris

For settings related specifically to clips & archiving, Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Perspective Software\Blue Iris\clips

STB

n3wb
Reaction score
Blue Iris keeps all its settings in the Windows Registry. Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Perspective Software\Blue Iris

For settings related specifically to clips & archiving, Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Perspective Software\Blue Iris\clips

Thank you! I checked an it actually has the new folder path in the registry correct, but it keeps recording to an old folder that isn't reflected nowhere in the settings - weird. It's like BI isn't reading/updating the config from the registry - is there a way to force update, is this a known issue etc?

stilger

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you! I checked an it actually has the new folder path in the registry correct, but it keeps recording to an old folder that isn't reflected nowhere in the settings - weird. It's like BI isn't reading/updating the config from the registry - is there a way to force update, is this a known issue etc?
I know you mention Clips & Archives so this may not be what you are seeing but each camera also has a setting under the record tab for saving video files. Did you check if it was set there?

STB

n3wb
Reaction score
I know you mention Clips & Archives so this may not be what you are seeing but each camera also has a setting under the record tab for saving video files. Did you check if it was set there?
Thank you! Yes that was my disconnect, Those settings had changed once I restructured the setting folder options for Clips & Archive - didn't think to look there after initial configuration. Have a great day!