(UK) 12V power supply for Hikvision indoor panels

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The Hikvision video intercom (2nd generation) allows multiple indoor screens to be connected either by POE or by wi-fi to the master screen. Trouble is the instructions contain zero useful information about the power supply required for an indoor wi-fi screen - and of course no power supply comes in the box. They do recommend a couple of Chinese 12V/2A power supplies but they aren't available for the UK market. Confusingly, the DS-KH8350-WTE1 manual states that it requires a "12 VDC/1A" power supply.

Can anyone please tell me what UK adapter I need to get? And also how to connect it to the monitor as most of these power supplies come with a jack connector and there is no jack aperture on the monitor. TIA.

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
DS-KD8003-IME1 - Gate Station
DS-KH8520-WTE1 - 10in Indoor Station
DS-8350-WTE1 - 7in Indoor Station x2

I haven't decided yet which one will be the hardwired master panel and which panels will operate over wi-fi.

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm hoping that someone out there can recommend a power adapter based on experience. I will ask Hikvision why they recommend 1A and 2A in different places (albeit their DS-8350-WTE1 label states that the device is rated 1A) but they don't re-open until Thursday. I also need connection instructions since most adapters come with a jack for connection but the Hikvision panels don't include a jack socket…presumably to reduce bulk at the rear when wall-mounting.

ds-kh350-wte1_img4_d.jpg

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's the hardest spot on the property to get an ethernet cable to but the wi-fi signal is strong so logic and budget say wi-fi.

rtificial

n3wb
Reaction score
So what I have done is the following:
I did not have an ethernet cable close to where I wanted the KH8350 indoor station, but wifi was available of course. All my lightswitches are pulse-switches, connected to a 12-strand cable running as a star network from my main fuse box. All lightswitches are 12V pulse-switches, so I have a 12V meanwell powersupply in the main fuse box for that purpose. I took 2 unused strands in the cable running to a lightswitch located just below where I wanted to mount the KH8350, and hooked them up to the 12V powersupply, and power the KH8350 from those through the 12V and GND connection. Hikvision includes a connector with ridiculously tiny wires, so it's not that easy, but it works perfectly fine.

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Panic over. I have found the Hikvision recommended power adapter (HAY-PSU1A in the UK) and the jack has to be cut off to wire it in to the back panel using the pigtail connector supplied with the indoor station.

rtificial

n3wb
Reaction score
That's quite a large PSU it seems? Are you able to hide that somehow?

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I thought it was fairly discreet at 3in x 2in. Easy enough to hide anyway.

But if I knew what I was doing I might try one of these integrated POE plugs. They are no smaller but fewer wires…

rtificial

n3wb
Reaction score
I see. Still requires a wall socket though, so you'll have cables running over the wall. I managed to take the power from the lightswitch below the indoor station on the same wall, so run the wires behind the plasterboard.

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Most of my cables run externally and I bring them in through the wall at a point close to a POE switch and a wi-fi mesh node. It's still not pretty but I paint the cables to match the colour of my external render.