UK rules and rights around camera privacy

motofox

n3wb
Reaction score
So can anyone advise me on our rights regarding security cameras in the UK. our houses are detached and i have my own cameras positioned low so not to impose over anyone's garden fence ect, however next door has just installed a couple of cameras that are quite high and have clear line of sight into my back garden and possibly our bedroom with it being a bungalow , surly back gardens are a private space not public

Where do we stand exactly

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
First place to start with is to talk to your neighbour, raise your concerns and then take if from there. Go in full blown lawyer at this stage might not help.

I’m in the UK and i have all my cams set to minimise coverage of neighbours but at the same time ive asked and talked in case there were concerns and all around me are happy that my cams provide some coverage although it is minimum.

motofox

n3wb
Reaction score
yep same here, i installed all mine myself and went out of my way to make sure non were invasive at all and are all low.

i will have word when we see him next

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
How about take the "let's share information" and be friends! As you guys over the pond say, take a pint or 2 with you
as everyone loosens up.