Unable to change IP of Dahua IP Cam

Johnman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey guys
I want to change the default IP of my Dahua IP Dome camera

I did some googling and found you can do this with Dahua's Config Tool
I was able to change the password but after I initilized it , changed the password, then try to change the default IP it just tells me:
"Error changing IP, maybe network error"

Any other ways to do it?

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hey guys
I want to change the default IP of my Dahua IP Dome camera

I did some googling and found you can do this with Dahua's Config Tool
I was able to change the password but after I initilized it , changed the password, then try to change the default IP it just tells me:
"Error changing IP, maybe network error"

Any other ways to do it?
Sure :cool:

Before configtool was a thing, you had to it oldskool: put your pc in the same network range as your camera (eg if it default to 192.168.0.108, you put your pc in 192.168.0.240 for example). Then you can simply into the camera, you change the password, you change the ip. And poofff you'll loose your connection (for obvious reasons). Reset your pc's TCPIP stack to whatever it was, and then you should be able to reach your cam on the newly injected IP address.

Happy Camming!
CC

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
After you initialized it and changed the password, did you update the password in the config tool? Goto the gear icon at the top where it says "Search setting" and clck on it, update the new password there, rediscover the device and then update the IP.

dahua.png

Johnman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
After you initialized it and changed the password, did you update the password in the config tool? Goto the gear icon at the top where it says "Search setting" and clck on it, update the new password there, rediscover the device and then update the IP.

View attachment 58489
Yes I did and thats the only thing I could change. I think I also tried through the web browser to but I have to double check what stopped me from changing the IP that way to like catcamstar suggested