Unable to Connect error

Reaction score
I have been using Blue Iris for about a year without issue. For some reason I cannot connect to blue iris on my local network this morning. The PC that is running the cameras is working fine, I just can't view them on other PCs or with my mobile device.

I am not aware of anything changing so it seems very odd - Any pointers as to what to check?

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
I have been using Blue Iris for about a year without issue. For some reason I cannot connect to blue iris on my local network this morning. The PC that is running the cameras is working fine, I just can't view them on other PCs or with my mobile device.

I am not aware of anything changing so it seems very odd - Any pointers as to what to check?
We are lacking some background information on your network setup: you don't have any vlans nor firewalls in between your network devices and they are all in one and the same "flat" network?
In that case:
- on your BI pc: ipconfig /all --> note down the ip address of the pc
- on another pc: same as above
- on BI pc: "ping ip-of-the-another-pc"
- on another pc: "ping ip-of-BI-pc"

If that ping-test succeeds, then you know networkwise all is OK. In that case, simple reboot of the BI pc might resolve any software-service-not-running-issue.
If the ping-test is not successfull, you need to investigate more (eg bad cable/connector/router-hickup etc).

Hope this helps!
CC

Reaction score
Good suggestion - A step forward.

My Blue Iris PC can see my other PC.
My other PC cannot see my Blue Iris PC.

Think I will investigate firewalls...

Reaction score
Thanks Catcamstar,

Looks like Microsoft broke it for me in one of their updates...

I have zonealarm as a different firewall and it is working again :) Thanks for the pointers!