Unable to connect "no matching user/pw" -- Android app

CorporalCuddler

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had some help with some previous issues, and now I've discovered another one I'm hoping I can get help with ...

I can connect to blue iris from my Android blue iris app when I'm on wifi. Works perfectly. But when I'm not on wifi, I get the message, "Unable to connect. Please try again. Reason: no matching user/pw". I'm kind of stumped here. Obviously, it appears my login is incorrect, but it's working for wifi. Also, if I change the port number, I get the error message, ""Unable to connect. Please try again. Reason: Unable to reach server". Which validates that I'm using the correct port number.

I'm using the port number that blue iris is saying to use.

By the way, I know how to port forward, so I'm certain that's not the issue, I'm accessing one of my ip cameras on 4G using another app with no issues.

CorporalCuddler

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
81 ... for both wifi and external access.

Though, I've tried other ports such as 377 and 37777, and they all work for wifi, but ONLY for wifi.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Go to the user tab on the main option page, click on the user name you are trying to use and make sure lan only is not selected. Also just try adding a new user name as administrator and see of you get the error.

CorporalCuddler

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That did it. I ended up creating a new user and making sure that check box wasn't selected. Thanks again fenderman.

Kaos

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had the same problem and after a couple of hours searching for answers, found this thread and got it working, thanks!