Unable to Connect to Blue Iris on Web Interface

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Seems like a factory reset is coming to the top of the list fairly quickly :confused: I recommend trying it on only one camera, at first, to ensure it resolves the issue.

Once you are in to the cam GUI, set the IP to it's previous address. Likewise with the username & password. As long as they all match what it is currently set for the respective camera profile in BI, the live feed should appear in the system.

Amanda.R

n3wb
Reaction score
Seems like a factory reset is coming to the top of the list fairly quickly :confused: I recommend trying it on only one camera, at first, to ensure it resolves the issue.

Once you are in to the cam GUI, set the IP to it's previous address. Likewise with the username & password. As long as they all match what it is currently set for the respective camera profile in BI, the live feed should appear in the system.

I will give that a shot. :). Now I just need to get someone to climb a tall ladder. :oops:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If the BI server is 192.168.42.72 then it won't be able to open cam webGUI's on an subnet such as 10.10.42.40 by just opening a browser.
BTW, how did the cam IP assignments come about?

With IP's such as 10.10.42.XXX as compared to the BI server at 192.168.32.72 it looks as if they are connected to a POE NVR. If so, then the NVR's virtual server assigns the IP's and there's a big blue e that should allow you to open the cam's webGUI.

Last edited:

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
If the BI server is 192.168.42.72 then it won't be able to open cam webGUI's on an subnet such as 10.10.42.40 by just opening a browser.
BTW, how did the cam IP assignments come about?

With IP's such as 10.10.42.XXX as compared to the BI server at 192.168.32.72 it looks as if they are connected to a POE NVR. If so, then the NVR's virtual server assigns the IP's and there's a big blue e that should allow you to open the cam's webGUI.
@TonyR, with OP able to sign in to the GUI of all but 3 cams, what are the odds the BI server has two NIC's with 10.10.x.x being the camera network/VLAN?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@TonyR, with OP able to sign in to the GUI of all but 3 cams, what are the odds the BI server has two NIC's with 10.10.x.x being the camera network/VLAN?
Very unlikely.....:idk:
When this is all resolved it's going to be something either very strange or very simple....it usually is.
I agree in that a cam reset is in order and sure can do no harm at this point.

Amanda.R

n3wb
Reaction score

I was not here when the cameras were set up but I was ask my manager and he said they were set up on a VLAN thought he is unsure about whether the BI server as two NICS.