Unable to connect to DS-2CD2135FWD-I

higgyjacob

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I recently moved into a house with a Hikvision security camera system/NVR. 5 out of 6 cameras are connected to the NVR directly via ethernet cable and work fine. However, a 6th was connected via wireless access points and I cannot get that camera to come online when connected directly to my PC via ethernet cable and entering the camera's IP address in the Chrome/Edge...the request times out.

Here is where I am at so far in the process:
  • Camera is DS-2CD2135FWD-I
  • SADP tool on PC detects the camera.
  • IP of camera has been modified to 192.168.12.245. Port: 8000. HTTP Port: 80. Gateway: 192.168.12.1. Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
  • PC IP is 192.168.12.242
  • IVMS 4200: when camera is added with the parameters from SADP, it says that the connection times out or the device is offline
  • Hardware: the wiring of the camera is such that I only have access to the camera outside and inside the house I can see a power supply for it going into the wall (presumably to the camera) and an ethernet port coming out of the wall. I plugged that ethernet cord into my PC LAN. When connected to PC, camera will drop offline in SADP when power supply is unplugged but will return when power supply is plugged in.
  • Sending pings to the camera's IP (192.168.12.245) via command prompt leads to infinite "request timed out".

I'm essentially just trying to access this camera from my PC before I go on to the next step of trying to connect it to the NVR via wireless access points. I have slightly above average citizen computer experience but absolutely no professional networking experience, so please let me know if I'm missing something obvious here.

Thanks for your help!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
SADP tool on PC detects the camera.
What detail does it show for firmware version and status and does the serial number look normal?
On some ranges of Hikvision cameras, when in the 'min-system recovery mode' due to a system fault SADP will find the camera OK, but no web services run, so not visible on a browser. Though a ping would respond OK.

I cannot get that camera to come online when connected directly to my PC via ethernet cable and entering the camera's IP address in the Chrome/Edge...the request times out.
When testing like this - how did you power the camera?
And on this check, was the PC IP set to 192.168.12.242 ?

higgyjacob

n3wb
Reaction score
Alastair,
Thanks for asking these questions! In the process of getting you answers, I figured out where I was getting tripped up before.
As I mentioned earlier, I'm a beginner when it comes to networking and figured I was making some simple mistake. When setting my ethernet adapter IP address to be within range of the camera IP address that I set, I was setting the ethernet adapter IP to be the same as my WiFi adapter IP. It seems like this caused a conflict. When I switched my PC ethernet adapter IP address to 192.168.12.243, I was easily quickly able to access the camera via the browser and am now seeing it's live feed in IVMS. I've been working on resetting the password and getting the live view for a week so this a breakthrough!
Now to connect it wirelessly with the NVR...I'm sure I'll have more trip-ups but progress is progress. Thank you again!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
When I switched my PC ethernet adapter IP address to 192.168.12.243, I was easily quickly able to access the camera via the browser and am now seeing it's live feed in IVMS
It's always good to get a positive result, well done for figuring it out!
And stopping us puzzling any more.