Unable to connect to server on app.. stopped working by itself

alitech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi guys

Any ideas on why and how this could happen? I have checked all the settings and I am none the wiser. It just stopped working. It works on LAN but not externally. I have triple checked port forwarding on the router and that all seems to be fine. I have changed the port a few times to see if that did anything, no luck. I have the windows machine on a static ip address on the lan as well.

Is there anything I may be missing?

I cannot see the port from external on canyouseeme.org.

The web server settings in BI are set correctly in my opinion.

I also have PLEX running on the same machine and that is accessible outside the network so I think there is definitely some setting in BI that has messed up all by itself. It does ask me to upgrade the software now and then, I just do it without delay. Perhaps that changed something, I cant be sure as I dont usually check from outside the network as soon as the software is updated.

Any ideas guys? Much appreciated.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi guys

Any ideas on why and how this could happen? I have checked all the settings and I am none the wiser. It just stopped working. It works on LAN but not externally. I have triple checked port forwarding on the router and that all seems to be fine. I have changed the port a few times to see if that did anything, no luck. I have the windows machine on a static ip address on the lan as well.

Is there anything I may be missing?

I cannot see the port from external on canyouseeme.org.

The web server settings in BI are set correctly in my opinion.

I also have PLEX running on the same machine and that is accessible outside the network so I think there is definitely some setting in BI that has messed up all by itself. It does ask me to upgrade the software now and then, I just do it without delay. Perhaps that changed something, I cant be sure as I dont usually check from outside the network as soon as the software is updated.

Any ideas guys? Much appreciated.
might be your firewall, disable and test..if it works make sure it allows BI through..

alitech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for replying.

Yes, I have switched off windows firewall to test if the connection comes through, and it does not. I am at a loss here. I cannot figure out if it's at router level or windows level. I have tested everything on the firewall and router and everything is configured correctly.

This leads me to believe that there is something wrong with the BI configuration.

Ali