Unable to connect via app 2.0.9 - Browser has no problem.

mparadiso

n3wb
Reaction score
I agree, the problem seems to be device specific because I have an S5, other android and ios devices, computers etc. that have no issues.

swj123

n3wb
Reaction score
Downloaded the latest app today and it's working great on my G Pad 8.0. Thank You!

mparadiso

n3wb
Reaction score
I upgraded to 2.0.18 and still getting: Unable to Connect Reason: Unable to reach server. I uninstalled and reinstalled app and double checked settings. Did you do anything else?

mparadiso

n3wb
Reaction score
Blue Iris Server is actually showing connection attempts from my ip address, but the time stays at 0:00:00:00 There is an attempt to connect so I have the correct settings but cannot complete the connection. Again, using Chrome browser works perfectly on the G Pad 8.0.

swj123

n3wb
Reaction score
I just thought of something. I was originally running 3.something on the home pc. I updated to 4.2.3.4 x64 and it didn't work. Then I updated the android app and it worked.
So have you upgraded to version 4.2.3.4 ??

mparadiso

n3wb
Reaction score
I am running 4.2.5.1 x64. That is a good point. I just tried the old version 3.66 and had no luck connecting with the G Pad 8.0. I have been running all the latest versions of everything hoping that the problem will be fixed. I have another G Pad 8.0 from AT&T that has the same problem connecting. Problem still seems to be device specific, but I'm not sure why your device was able to connect.

Last edited by a moderator:

swj123

n3wb
Reaction score
Boy I don't know what to say. Make sure your ip hasn't changed on your router. I use hxxp://www.noip.com/ in case my ip gets changed so I don't have to worry.
I just checked my G Pad 8.0 on my local lan and the at&t network and both are working fine. So like I said tech support told me to update to the new version 4 and I did that.
No luck. So then I left a 1 star on the android app saying I was having problems. The next day the app was updated and I thought to myself. hmmm Could this be the answer and WHOA it worked. Make sure you clear your cach on the g pad. If mines working yours has to too. I think :)

mparadiso

n3wb
Reaction score
No IP changes. I can still connect from a browser on the device. I tried uninstalling, clearing cache, restarting, reinstalling, but still unable to complete a connection to Blue Iris Server. I see connection attempts in the server connections, but it never fully completes, the time stays at 0:00:00:00. I will try support again, and I have an identical G Pad 8.0 from AT&T that also has the same problem. It doesn't matter LAN or WAN, the app will not completely connect, but the browser will.

mparadiso

n3wb
Reaction score
After upgrading to 2.0.19 I am now able to connect, working great! I would consider this issue fixed! Thanks!

swj123

n3wb
Reaction score
Ah great. I am glad to hear that. I love my G Pad 8. Have fun. Mike