Unable to connect via app 2.0.9 - Browser has no problem.

mparadiso

n3wb
Reaction score
I am having trouble with a new LG G Pad 8 tablet running Android 5.0.2 and Blue Iris App 2.0.9.
I can connect via web browser LAN or WAN with no problem, but get unable to connect using the App with same ip address,port, and credentials.

Factory reset the tablet, uninstalled and reinstalled app with no improvement.

I have other devices running android 5.0 that all connect via the app 2.0.9 with no problem.
Possibly an issue with the latest app 2.0.9 running on Android 5.0.2?
That is one of the only different variables that I can see.

Last edited by a moderator:

mparadiso

n3wb
Reaction score
Downgraded to 2.0.7, and upgraded to 2.0.11 still no change. Problem must be with Android 5.0.2 and the Blue Iris App. I can login from a browser so the port is open and communication is happening.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Downgraded to 2.0.7, and upgraded to 2.0.11 still no change. Problem must be with Android 5.0.2 and the Blue Iris App. I can login from a browser so the port is open and communication is happening.
Triple check that you have entered the correct ip address, port and credentials...
Also make sure that you have not selected https

mparadiso

n3wb
Reaction score
Rechecked ip,port,credentials. Made sure no spaces after address. Should be working since browser connects. Made sure not using https.
I also changed web server to different port but no change. Sent debug info to support.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Make sure you are not running a security app on the device.

mparadiso

n3wb
Reaction score
Made sure that no security app is running. I ended up with two of these identical devices. Both have this specific problem right out of the box. Just wondering if anyone else is having problems with Android 5.0.2 and the Blue Iris app. Could it be something specific with this AT&T release of the OS?

IpCamView is able to connect to 8 different ip cams individually with different ports, so nothing is being blocked there or anywhere else. The only thing that will not connect on the device is the Blue Iris App. Strange, but there is an answer for everything...

mparadiso

n3wb
Reaction score
In the Blue Iris (server) Status, Connections tab, I see my connection attempts with the ip address from the tablet but the connection time is 0:00:00:00. I am not getting a password error. I am getting unable to connect: unable to reach server from the app. Upgraded to 2.0.13 today, and still having same issue again both LAN/WAN.

swj123

n3wb
Reaction score
I just got my G Pad 8.0 from At&T today and can't connect either. All my settings are correct. Anybody find out anything yet? Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just got my G Pad 8.0 from At&T today and can't connect either. All my settings are correct. Anybody find out anything yet? Thanks
Are your other devices connecting?

swj123

n3wb
Reaction score
Will do. I have been messing with it all day. It's not going to happen. Works great on my S5 and I have a LG G Pad 7.0 mounted in the dash of my 370Z and that is fine. Weird for sure. I will email support in the morning. Thanks

mparadiso

n3wb
Reaction score
I have been working with support. They sent me a version to install that had more debug items turned on. I tried to connect then sent the debug info. Haven't heard back, but I think other people have been having problems so they are working on it hopefully.

swj123

n3wb
Reaction score
Great. I will contact and work with them as well. Thanks, Mike

Wen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had a similar issue today with the Android Remote BI software. Running on an LG G4. The software has been flawless for a couple of months, then today I was not able to connect. Got a bad user password popup.

IPcam Pro worked fine. Double and triple checked the passwords. Still no connection. Then I went into BI setup and changed to a new password for Admin, and then entered the new password into BI remote, and it connected.

Went back into BI and deleted the "new" password, and put back the old one, went into the remote settings and put back the old password and it's decided that it liked it too.

So, maybe this will work for you. Best regards.

mparadiso

n3wb
Reaction score
Upgraded to app version 2.0.17 with no improvement. Getting Unable to Connect Reason: Unable to reach server.

swj123

n3wb
Reaction score
It Has to be G Pad 8.0 related because my other devices connect fine. S5 and G Pad 7.0
Although I find it strange that I can connect with the browser.