Unable to display all cameras at once

Austech

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have a Lorex 8 channel NVR. It is basically a rebadged Dahua and I can run either Lorex Cloud or Dahua Smart PSS. I have a problem, and the problem is the same on either software.

I am running 6 cameras. Running either of the 2 above softwares, I cannot watch more than 4 cameras on the screen at once. I can watch 4 cameras on the 4 x camera screen, however if I head to the bottom right of the screen and select 6 cameras in either normal or custom split, it doesnt work.

By that, I mean if I do it, only the camera in the largest camera screen works and the rest go in to searching mode, then eventually time out. I have attached pics in case I haven't explained it right.

If I use Internet explorer to login via the IP address, I have no problem bringing up the 6 camera configuration. I did come across some mention of perhaps it being an issue with Intel HD integrated graphics and turning off 3D, but that didnt help.

Any ideas ?

Cheers
Andrew

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have a Lorex 8 channel NVR. It is basically a rebadged Dahua and I can run either Lorex Cloud or Dahua Smart PSS. I have a problem, and the problem is the same on either software.

I am running 6 cameras. Running either of the 2 above softwares, I cannot watch more than 4 cameras on the screen at once. I can watch 4 cameras on the 4 x camera screen, however if I head to the bottom right of the screen and select 6 cameras in either normal or custom split, it doesnt work.

By that, I mean if I do it, only the camera in the largest camera screen works and the rest go in to searching mode, then eventually time out. I have attached pics in case I haven't explained it right.

If I use Internet explorer to login via the IP address, I have no problem bringing up the 6 camera configuration. I did come across some mention of perhaps it being an issue with Intel HD integrated graphics and turning off 3D, but that didnt help.

Any ideas ?

Cheers
Andrew
Did you make any changes to or disable the cameras substream? The substream is used for the matrix.

Austech

n3wb
Reaction score
Ah, I think you just might have solved it for me. Yes I did, and will go and have a play and see if it comes good.

Austech

n3wb
Reaction score
Yep, you were on the money. I have only had the system for a couple of months and am fairly familiar with it now, but had no idea that turning off sub stream would have any affect on anything.
I had a bit of a fiddle for 5-10 and got 5 out of the 6 cameras to display, does substream just have to be on to fix this issue or is there a minimum quality requirement on sub stream for it to work ? Or just one camera wants to be difficult ?
I thought I would ask before rebooting it.

Appreciate the help, it was driving me nuts as to why it wouldn't work and I certainly would not have guessed that one.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep, you were on the money. I have only had the system for a couple of months and am fairly familiar with it now, but had no idea that turning off sub stream would have any affect on anything.
I had a bit of a fiddle for 5-10 and got 5 out of the 6 cameras to display, does substream just have to be on to fix this issue or is there a minimum quality requirement on sub stream for it to work ? Or just one camera wants to be difficult ?
I thought I would ask before rebooting it.

Appreciate the help, it was driving me nuts as to why it wouldn't work and I certainly would not have guessed that one.
The main stream is used in the one camera view and possibly when one is taking up most of the screen. However when multiple cameras are displayed the system does not have the processing power to display all of them. When in matrix view the use if the substream is less noticeable because of the size of the image.

Austech

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks fenderman, that should give me enough information to go and make some changes. Again, appreciate the help

Cheers
Austech