Unable to fully configure Blue Iris with my new SD49425XB

Reaction score
Josh tried to elicit help with his thread, without success; perhaps he was too general in his request. I'll try to be more detailed. I just bought the SD48425XB that connects to my network, is configured, and is found by Blue Iris. However, I now have two significant problems that I am asking help for.
  1. The first is that I am unable to fully configure the camera to Blue iris; specifically, the primary and secondary video streams and the PTZ controls. Blue Iris connects to the camera and displays it on the Live View screen. It is also able to Find/Inspect the camera and appears to identify the ONVIF and RTSP settings. However, the stream settings remain blank after Find/Inspect. Finally, I honestly have no clue how to configure the PTZ controls as the list is simply overwhelming. When I connect directly to the camera via web, I have full PTZ control.
  2. The other major issue is that on the first night after the camera was installed, the camera got stuck in a reboot loop that only stopped when I disconnected POE power to it. During the day the camera was installed, as well as today, the camera worked completely as expected. The camera was delivered on Sunday afternoon and I installed it on Monday. Throughout the day the camera was great. About the time the camera shifted to night/IR light mode, it got stuck in a PTZ reboot loop, which I stopped by disconnecting the camera from POE power. This morning, the camera functioned fine after a single startup boot and has worked fine all day. I'll be watchful as to what (if any) correlation the night mode transition has to last night's problem.
Again, Josh had asked for help with this camera last month so I hope that we're back from holiday mode and ya'll can help us out.

Cheers!!

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have some of the 49225's and my settings are as follows
Generic/ONVIF
*RTSP H264/H265/MJPG/MPEG4
main stream is /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif
sub is /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1&unicast=true&proto=Onvif
note the subtype=0 and subtype=1 being the difference in the 2 lines.
I have a feeling that your POE power my be too low, especially when it acts up when the IR lights are called for.

Reaction score
[B]Broachoski[/B], thank you very much for that help. Awesome! Not to be greedy, however, do you use the PTZ commands through BI? Would you please share those settings? Than you muchly!

My camera "survived" the night in that it did not dump out to a reboot loop and was controllable throughout which allowed me to play with the IR settings. As for the switch, I'm using a Netgear FS116PNA with 70W that is also supporting a Reolink RLC-810a (13W). Ironically , the Reolink has been the easiest to support so far; literally plug and play.

Cheers!!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It sounds like the camera is being underpowered and when it goes to IR, it is rebooting because of that.

In BI, all you should have to do is put in IP address, username and password. Then you hit the find/inspect it should pull in all the needed info for the PTZ - but anytime you make changes in the camera GUI like preset changes or adding or deleting presets, then you need to re-run the find/inspect.

PTZs are not plug and play, and any good camera is not plug and play either.

I assure you the plug and play ease of the Reolink comes at a cost of security and poor motion video at night.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Netgear FS116PNA only supports regular PoE (802.3af) which is a max of 15 watts per port. You should get a switch that supports PoE+ (802.3at) which is 30 watts per port.

Here's an unmanaged switch with this capability: Amazon.com

Here's a managed switch with gigabit speed ports, if you care about any of those things for this switch: Amazon.com

I've used both of the above switches, and had no problems with them.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
anytime you make changes in the camera GUI like preset changes or adding or deleting presets, then you need to re-run the find/inspect.
Thanks for refreshing my aging memory concerning this wittaj

Reaction score
Fellas,

I truly thank you for your help as the responses have been spot-on! I have the recommended POE switch on the way and believe that will fix the problem. Also, the PTZ function has started working within BI. I think that was as a result of the proper streams being configured. Now, on to the next question.

Cheers!!