Unable to get Bosch NDN-50022-A3 IP camera to connect to BI4

CDAPete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You are not being billed annually. That is why your screenshot indicates expired. If you continue to have issues, particularly with a camera like bosch that is not popular, it would be best to contact support so the developer can access the cam and troubleshoot.
Thanks. I realize now. I just updated and paid a moment ago. The Paypal message said 'Paid Annually' somewhere and I must have interpreted that as being billed annually automatically. It's good now.

Last edited:

CDAPete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The yellow exclamation mark has nothing to do with the software update or being expired.

You get that because the KEY is less than 0.30, which is problematic for BI motion detection.

As this shows, your KEY is 0.20 which means that in the camera, the iframes is 250 with a FPS of 50 FPS. BI will miss motion a lot. A KEY of 0.2 means that anything in and out of your field of view within 5 seconds can be missed completely.

View attachment 113421

As mentioned above, you have to set the iframe rate in the camera GUI, not in BI. Where you set it has zero impact on what the camera sends - you simply told BI to accept it up to that amount.

Resolved (or pretty darn close): Thank you for your good explanation above. I mentioned the yellow triangle/exclamation points in the log because Fenderman suggested that I look there to determine which errors were associated with these same icons. There were several of these triangles that pointed to issues other than FPS or I-frames. In particular it brought to my attention the fact that there was a BI update available available and that my service agreement needed to be updated as well. Both of which have now been addressed. Once I did so all of the the yellow triangles have disappeared from my BI UI and the UI's of my devices. These Bosch Autodome 7000 HD's now appear to work beautifully with my BI system. But, based upon your suggestions and those of Fenderman, I then dug a little deeper into the camera's sever setting and discovered that there are in fact lower frame rates available. They call it "Interval Encoding" and this setting is somewhat buried in the individual Encoder Profile pages thereby letting one have different frame rates for different profiles. I am now at 24.98 FPS and that 0.20 is now up to 1.0 that you referenced.

I am now in contact with BI Support and hope to get the final bugs worked out of this. Thanks again for your help and that of Fenderman too of course.

Attachments

Last edited: