Unable to get DS-2CD2432F-IW to record to NAS share

sk77289

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi -

Not sure what I'm doing wrong here, hoping someone can help. I'm just testing out basic camera functionality, so I had hoped to manually record a minute or so of video, and verify a video file shows up on my NAS share.

I set up the storage, with the following info:
- IP: IP of my NAS
- File Path: Name of my share with a "" in front of it (i.e. \share)
- SMB selected
- Username is username@domain.com since my NAS uses Windows Active Directory for security
- Password: obviously my password

When I click test, it says "Testing succeeded". I should note however that when I unbricked this camera, and enabled this NAS share, an audible alarm began going off...not sure if that's indicative of a storage issue.

I then pull up the live view of camera, and hit record button. It seems to record OK (no visible errors or issues).

But I look on my share, and nothing is there.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

acp_xt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi -

Not sure what I'm doing wrong here, hoping someone can help. I'm just testing out basic camera functionality, so I had hoped to manually record a minute or so of video, and verify a video file shows up on my NAS share.

I set up the storage, with the following info:
- IP: IP of my NAS
- File Path: Name of my share with a "" in front of it (i.e. \share)
- SMB selected
- Username is username@domain.com since my NAS uses Windows Active Directory for security
- Password: obviously my password

When I click test, it says "Testing succeeded". I should note however that when I unbricked this camera, and enabled this NAS share, an audible alarm began going off...not sure if that's indicative of a storage issue.

I then pull up the live view of camera, and hit record button. It seems to record OK (no visible errors or issues).

But I look on my share, and nothing is there.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
Check whether the status of the share becomes Uninitialized in the cameras setup page. In my experience you will have to set a quota of 200 GB or less for the camera. To do this, on your NAS create a separate user for the camera and apply the quota.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

FFlinstone

n3wb
Reaction score
Hmmm...I believe recordings manually performed from the live view are sent to the local drive, unlike event recordings which are sent to a configured storage device.

That's how mine works, but yours could be different. Maybe a more experienced member could clarify?

acp_xt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sorry missed that paragraph. Yes manual recordings are saved to the device you are using to view the admin web page. You can define this folder location under the Local Storage section in the camera settings. Motion detection and other alert recordings and schedule recordings are saved to the network share.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Reaction score
@FFlinstone Thanks for your comment, it helped me realize that the cam automatically records to the NAS without anything other than to setup the SMB/CIFS or NFS in the Storage Management section.

Thumbs Up!!:)