Unable to get motion detection to work

morelup

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I've had a NVR5216-4ks2 hooked to a IPC-HDW5231R-Z and everything was working fine. Hooked up an IPC-HDW5231R-ZE and since then everything has gone to crap.

I can log into the cameras themselves and set the motion detection but if I refresh the page the setting is lost. The NVR's form for updating the motion detection area is pretty much non-functional on both cameras. While tinkering around with both the new camera and NVR it got borked to the point that the NVR wouldn't even load the camera's feed. I factory reset both the camera and NVR and both are connecting and doing continuous recording, but motion sensing on ALL cameras is now gone and unable to be set.

The Period and Schedules are both set to 24x7 for motion. I've tried both SmartPSS and the web interface with explorer and both are having the same issues. Any ideas what i'm doing wrong or fixes I can put into place?

Barboots

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I think you'll get asked to post the firmware version number of both cameras. I have read of problems if they are different...

Cheers, Steve

cuz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am also having this problem with the same NVR but different cameras. I hope to experiment more over the weekend to try and figure it out. I’ll be watching this thread to see what I should try. I want to record both full time, and also identify motion in specific areas of the cameras view.

morelup

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I ended up unfraking the system shortly after the forum went down yesterday. I found that the issue camera was giving me a "save failed" error any time i tried to change anything involving the motion detection. I reverted the firmware back to the same version as the camera that wasn't fubar, and still received the same error. I performed another reset on this one (normal, not the factory one) and that has SEEMED to fix the issue.

cuz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
IVS will work much better than motion detection.
Thanks looney. Is IVS an NVR or camera function? Or does it involve both? I guess it’s time to head back to the search function. When I first looked into it, it seemed much more complicated than just turning on motion recording.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks looney. Is IVS an NVR or camera function? Or does it involve both? I guess it’s time to head back to the search function. When I first looked into it, it seemed much more complicated than just turning on motion recording.
With cameras and NVR from the same make, such as Dahua, they work in conjunction with each other.
But if you install an SD card in the camera, you can setup IVS just in the camera, and record to the SD card.

cuz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
With cameras and NVR from the same make, such as Dahua, they work in conjunction with each other.
But if you install an SD card in the camera, you can setup IVS just in the camera, and record to the SD card.
Thanks Looney,
I have a Dahua NVR and 4 Dahua camera’s (so far) connected to the Poe ports on the NVR. Is there any decent documentation or tutorials that explains how to setup IVS? I don’t recall seeing it in the wiki.