Unable to locate model name, to find appropriate firmware update

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm trying to find what precise model is a camera I have remotely.
Looking on Dahua's site, I can't find the information where it is supposed to be :
Screenshot 2022-08-05 104453.png
Screenshot 2022-08-05 104249.png

My PTZ shows the model name correctly :
Screenshot 2022-08-05 104630.png

Do you know how to retrieve that online?
I was thinking somewhere on the interface of the camera or the app, alternatively on Dahua's website using the S/N.

Thanks for your advices
Finn

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do you have autotracking on that camera?

If so, if you update the firmware, you will lose autotracking....

And why are you looking to update? It will probably break something that is working. Only update if you have a problem that the firmware has specifically said it will address.

Reaction score
You make good points here.
I was thinking about a firmware update hoping to gain potential features that could have been added since then like deep IVS.
My main issue is one I have posted in another thread on this forum, having random "***.backup_" files generated to my FTP server, they go away but would rather avoid the unecessary traffic

That camera doesn't having auto tracking, just a lame motion detection feature.

Oh and you need the IE plugin to view the video. it's just not very convenient :)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well, the Dahua PTZs only hold their settings with IE, so no firmware update has fixed that LOL.

I am not aware of them adding that by firmware, that is usually reserved for purchasing a new camera.

Firmware is usually to fix a bug some experience or to patch a vulnerability.

Reaction score
I am experiencing something different :
My PTZs are saving settings just fine with Firefox. The only time I have to use IE is to view the video on older models.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If it had auto tracking it wouldn't lol. How long it tracks defaults to 15 seconds in any browser but IE.

Reaction score
Good to know @wittaj
Thanks @kobebeff, but I'd rather check it myself, this situation will occur reccurently given that all fixed cameras I have aren't displaying the SN.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't understand, why Dahua couldn't put on that page, the model number of the camera. On older cameras they used to have that.
Maybe if you look up your Emails, or where did you purchased it from(Ebay, Amazon).

adamg

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Does the sticker on the camera show a model number?