Unable To Login

mike2874

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had to replace one of my IPC-HDW5231R-Z cams with a new IPC-T3241T-ZAS after it randomly began disconnecting. I haven't setup a new camera in about 4 years so kind of forgot how but using the Dahua Config Tool I was able to initialize and change the cams IP Address... but can't seem to login into it's web browser.

When going through the Config Tool setup I did enter in a new password and thought that's what I should use logging into the web browser but it doesn't work. Then I read I should be logging in the first time with admin & admin but that doesn't work and I'm down to two tries left. Basically I've tried Username admin & New Password and also Username admin & Password admin.

Got to be something simple I'm doing wrong right?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Be sure you have the latest version of configtool.
Read the instructions in configtool, upper right corner, do a search again and see if it finds that camera.
Are you sure the cable at the location is good?
If not, take the camera down and test it with a short factory premade cable.
You can also power cycle the camera and that timeout will reset.
Admin & admin is no longer valid.
If all else fails, open the camera up, find the reset button, press and hold the button while powered up for at least 30 seconds.
That will put it back to factory defaults.
The defualt IP will now be 192.168.1.108, type that into a web browser, and that should open up a window to initialize the cam.

mike2874

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes I have the latest version just downloaded it.

Oh it finds the camera and I can go to the cameras web address using a browser but can’t login.

The camera is not mounted yet I’m still testing everything in the house with a short Ethernet cable connected to the POE router.

Are you saying when I try to log into the web browser for the camera that admin & admin is no longer valid and admin & my new password should work even though it hasn’?

mike2874

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah I did that first before I realized you could get to it from Config tool and neither worked.

i just need something verified should I be trying to login using admin & admin or admin & my new passwor?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I did that first before I realized you could get to it from Config tool and neither worked.

i just need something verified should I be trying to login using admin & admin or admin & my new passwor?
No, if you follow my earlier instructions, to set the camera back to factory defaults, then go to the cameras default IP address of 192.168.1.108 in a browser, a window pop up, it will walk you through setting up the cam and a new password.
Forget about Admin anything.