Unable to pull down PTZ presets in Blue Iris 5

Cleve

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am currently running the Blue Iris, version 5, with several cameras and 1 Amcrest PTZ camera. I programmed the PTZ preset using the Amcrest Web UI. All presets work perfectly with the Amcrest web UI. The problem is when I configure the camera in BI, it is not pulling down the preset for the camera. The camera comes online in the BI program but does not download presets. Says no automatic configuration. Camera has been in use for several years and this problem just started a couple of days ago. Any ideas on how to solve this?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In BI on the video config page (where the cam's IP, username and pasword is entered) click on "Find/Inspect" so BI will load the cam's presets.

Cleve

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In BI on the video config page (where the cam's IP, username and pasword is entered) click on "Find/Inspect" so BI will load the cam's presets.
Hello Tony and thanks for the reply. That's what I have been doing, hitting Find/Inspect. I have checked the password and the IP address and both appear to be correct. I got the IP address through Amcrest IP config app. Below is what is coming back when I hit Find/Inspect.

Requesting device information...
Invalid response. Is the password correct?
GetCapabilities...
Querying services
Has Search services: /onvif/search_service
Has Imaging services: /onvif/imaging_service
Has media services: /onvif/media_service
Has RTP_RTSP_TCP, requesting profiles
Has Event services: /onvif/event_service
Has WSPullPointSupport
RelayOutputs: 1
InputConnectors: 2
Has Device IO services: /onvif/deviceIO_service
AudioOutputs: 1
Checking for common cameras...
Foscam FI86xx/98xx compatible?
Foscam FI89xx compatible?
Foscam FI9821 V2 compatible?
Foscam FI9821 media port compatible?
Cantonk port 34567?
RTSP port open?
No automatic configuration made
Done

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You may think the password is correct but it isn't. 2nd line says so.

So it didn't find the camera properly.

For some reason these devices keep users and ONVIF users as separate and if the password doesn't match in the ONVIF manager list (which happens frequently when people start changing passwords), then the cameras cannot be "seen". Or sometimes the firmware just goes wonky.

Log into the Camera GUI and under users you will see a tab called ONVIF User or ONVIF Manager or something like that.

Select it and then change the admin password for the ONVIF user to match your new password.

Or simply create a new user and password in ONVIF user and use that.

Cleve

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I logged into the web GUI and found the ONVIF tab but the only options are under network connection. Only options are, "Reset Defaults", "Refresh", "Save". I tried both but no luck. Also, I do have another PTZ camera and I went through the Config process with it and it pulled down the presets with no problem. It is set up with the same password as the other.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ugh - some of the Amcrests don't give that Tab.

Try changing the password to the same password, or just create another account and try that.

Cleve

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ugh - some of the Amcrests don't give that Tab.

Try changing the password to the same password, or just create another account and try that.
Update, apparently this PTZ camera of mine was just on vacation! It started back working on its on today but under the video/Config tab the main stream and sub stream do not look correct and I am afraid to hit find and inspect. I did uninstall and reinstall the camera again this morning but it did correct the problem, or, maybe it did. Camera has a mind of its on, I guess. Thanks for the help.